Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Love #5
I love the ocean.

There is just something about it-- the smells,the sound of the waves crashing, walking along the shore. I do have to admit, I was much more brave as a kid. I no longer feel the need to go out into the big waves. I think I have watched one to many "When Sharks Attack" tv shows. I am happy to just walk along the beach and pick up shells and let the surf hit my feet, unless I am in the crystal clear water. Now that is heavenly.
We were spoiled in 2007. The Atlantic Ocean. The surprisingly, warm waters of North Carolina. It was much more blue than this picture portrays. The kids are in their clothes, because we were just going to walk along the beach......... but who can resist?
The Carribbean. View from the ruins at Tulum. Heaven.

Rocky Point, Mexico. Awesome place to explore little sea creatures.

Stinson beach. Maybe my phobia comes from the big sign upon entering this Northern California beach. Picure of a great white and WARNING: Great White Shark attacks have occurred here. It didn't seem to stop anyone.

Newport beach. Always a favorite.

Also Newport beach... wouldn't these be cute blown up and put on display somewhere. Bathroom maybe?? This was during our Disney trip- fall '06. (Jarin took these shots.) I'm getting the Disney itch.


Just had to end with my favorite. (Thayne and I on the kayak.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys have been to a lot of beaches. I know exactly how you feel about going into the ocean. I used to love boogy boarding as a kid but am too terrified to go deep into the water now because of sharks. The odds of getting bit by a shark are probably pretty slim...but still...that would be one of the worst ways to die. Anyway, I love the ocean as well. The ocean in Mexico is beautiful!!! It really makes me want to go right now.

Hollie said...

I love everything about the ocean. That is one thing I really miss out here in Utah. I love the sounds, the smells, the warm sand beneath my toes, etc. Something about the ocean is really relaxing.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. I hope that we end up close to the ocean. You guys sure had a great vacationing year in 2007. I love those pictures of the girls. The pics would look great framed and in the bathroom.

Donna said...

I too am an ocean gal. Have always preferred it to the mountains. Those are beautiful pictures. But, I am unable to enlarge them like I used to be able to. Do you know why?
The photos with the girls on the beach are awesome!! Good job Jarin. Yes they should be framed. They are beautiful. I might even frame and put them in my bathroom!

JIll said...

Ditto to everything, I love the ocean as well.You guys had a great vactioning year in 2007.Maybe this summer we could go to stinson beach again!
We too have the Disney itch, we will be contacting soon to see if maybe we can all hook up together!

Shel said...

Me too in the Disney itch and my parents live near Disney in CA so I'll join ya anytime!! :)

Anonymous said...

Jen, it is nice to read about your current events, and we're wishing you and Ella the best (and also the rest of the family as well!). We miss you and all of the family and are looking forward to seeing you all as soon as possible. Cortney and I will hopefully have a blog of some kind up relatively soon.
Lots of love,
JP and Cortney