Love #2

I love chocolate.
Yesterday, I made this. It is called Chocolate Gateau Terrine, a fancy name for loaf cake that tastes like sugar cookies, two layers of chocolate (one is supposed to be light chocolate and one dark), topped with white chocolate, covered with coconut.
We had a mini enrichment all about chocolate where we were going to exchange recipes etc. I was going to bring this, but around 5pm I got a headache, which started in my shoulder from carrying Ella. I didn't feel like going. So, guess what we get to eat! Although this is tasty, it is not worth the time, money or calories. There is a pound and a half of melted chocolate and butter in this thing. It's really good for you :). I think I gained five pounds just blogging about it.
Anyways, back to my love of chocolate. Here are some chocolate combos I love.
*chocolate and peanut butter
*chocolate and caramel
*chocolate and nuts
*chocolate and berries
*chocolate and citrus (See's lemon, lime or orange truffle anyone?)
*chocolate and chocolate
*chocolate and coconut
*chocolate and mint
*chocolate and pretzels
etc, etc
Am I missing any?
Thayne and I love the dark chocolate bars from trader joe's for 33 cents.
Although I sound obsessive, I do actually get sick of chocolate (I know amazing). Sometimes, I prefer a fruity dessert over a brownie or cake- -those get boring.
6 comments:
Oohh, that cake looks delicious! I want to reach through my screen and eat it. Chocolate is the bomb! I remember thinking chocolate wasn't all that great when I was little. Now I can't stand the sugary candies. They are too sweet.
Yum Yum, that cake looks good!I am a chocolate fan myself, though after Christmas I was ready to see it go.I am just now starting to crave it again with all those Valentine heart boxes out there.I am picky though, I hate cheap chocolate, you gotta love See's!
I am drooling! You know I am a chocoholic. I've been on my low calorie diet for one day and aagghhh I miss chocolate. You missed two chocolate combos, chocolate and milk and chocolate and ice cream. Actually, I had three Hershey Kisses for 74? calories. Gotta have it everyday. That cake looks so good. I thought it was from a bakery. Good job!
Oh my goodness, I want a piece of that cake right now! I have to say, I've had a sweet tooth with this pregnancy. I have to have a piece of chocolate or ice cream almost every night. I guess that's why I'm gaining weight everywhere and not just in my belly.
YUUUUMMMM! I, too, love chocolate! Chocolate and water go together well if they are heated up.
So how is Ella doing with her walking? It looks like you still have to carry her with that shoulder hurting. It seems like she was really getting it down at Christmas, though. Anyway, I've been wondering because I haven't talked to you since Christmas.
Holy cow Jen, I thought for sure that was a "copy and paste" picture, though....knowing you....I should have known you did that! I was just like you. I made my favorite Double Chocolate Cherry Dessert Pizza and ended up not being able to go either!! I had decided I would take a picture of it, then blog about it but then I quickly cut it up to give away! (Otherwise I WOULD HAVE EATEN ALL OF IT MYSELF!!)
Post a Comment