Happy Valentine's Day!
I missed a couple of Love days- maybe I'll make a list later. Maybe. In honor of my #1 love- my hubbie, I thought I would do Maran's tag. So here goes. Everytime I make these flower bouquets it reminds me of my first valentine's with Thayne. I made one for him 13 years ago.
Husband Tag
What is your husband's name? Thayne Bushman Christensen-- he likes to be called bushy (j/k)
How long have you been married? 12 years, 6 months
How long did you date? 6 month dating, 2 month engagement= 8 months
Who eats more? At a meal- him. All day long- me.
Who is taller? It depends who is wearing the taller shoes. We are the same height.
Who has more speeding tickets? Him. I've never had one.
Who is smarter? Depends on the subject.
Who is more sensitive? Probably me.
When there is a fight who usually wins? I don't know if anybody "wins". Thayne is more humble than I am and is usually the first to say sorry.
Who does the laundry? Me=wash and dry. Everyone else puts there own clothes away, except Ella.
Who does the dishes? Day dishes= me Dinner dishes=we take turns and have kids help
Who sleeps on the right? Facing the bed- Thayne does. Although, maybe we should switch, he is closer to the bathroom, but I'm the one who wakes to use it.
Who pays the bills? Me
Who mows the lawn? Thayne- it takes a whole ten minutes. In Utah it took about an hour. I used to do it alot there for exercise. He always trims the edges and trees though.
Who cooks dinner? Baja Fresh, Chipotle, Mr. Goodcents, Sweet Tomatoes. Actually, I usually cook- bowl of cereal anyone?
Who drives when you are together? Usually him, especially on road trips. He can usually go into the "zone", while I pass a million snacks, books, DVD's etc back and forth to the kiddies and him. I like it that way though. Most of the time.
Who is more stubborn? We both have our moments, but most of the time we are on the same page.
Who kissed who first? Thayne kissed me on the first date- I still can't believe we did that on the first date. It was actually quite lovely.
Who asked who out first? I guess he asked me out first. We went sledding at 10:30pm- I had to work, so we went after I got home. I am sure I smelled like "Viva Spaghetti". Maybe that's why he kissed me.
Who proposed? Thayne. We went on a hike to Bridal Veil Falls. He had gone up earlier and found a little spot and put a rose there etc. It was cute. He pulled out a ring box and surprised me. I had wanted to pick out the ring, but he wanted to surprise me with the proposal, so he bought a cubic zirconia from Kmart. It was actually quite pretty. We picked out my real ring later. When I got back to my apartment there was the rest of the dozen roses.
Who has more siblings? Him- 5 brothers and 1 sister. I have 3 sisters and 1 brother.
If anyone else wants to do this, feel free, consider yourself tagged.
How long have you been married? 12 years, 6 months
How long did you date? 6 month dating, 2 month engagement= 8 months
Who eats more? At a meal- him. All day long- me.
Who is taller? It depends who is wearing the taller shoes. We are the same height.
Who has more speeding tickets? Him. I've never had one.
Who is smarter? Depends on the subject.
Who is more sensitive? Probably me.
When there is a fight who usually wins? I don't know if anybody "wins". Thayne is more humble than I am and is usually the first to say sorry.
Who does the laundry? Me=wash and dry. Everyone else puts there own clothes away, except Ella.
Who does the dishes? Day dishes= me Dinner dishes=we take turns and have kids help
Who sleeps on the right? Facing the bed- Thayne does. Although, maybe we should switch, he is closer to the bathroom, but I'm the one who wakes to use it.
Who pays the bills? Me
Who mows the lawn? Thayne- it takes a whole ten minutes. In Utah it took about an hour. I used to do it alot there for exercise. He always trims the edges and trees though.
Who cooks dinner? Baja Fresh, Chipotle, Mr. Goodcents, Sweet Tomatoes. Actually, I usually cook- bowl of cereal anyone?
Who drives when you are together? Usually him, especially on road trips. He can usually go into the "zone", while I pass a million snacks, books, DVD's etc back and forth to the kiddies and him. I like it that way though. Most of the time.
Who is more stubborn? We both have our moments, but most of the time we are on the same page.
Who kissed who first? Thayne kissed me on the first date- I still can't believe we did that on the first date. It was actually quite lovely.
Who asked who out first? I guess he asked me out first. We went sledding at 10:30pm- I had to work, so we went after I got home. I am sure I smelled like "Viva Spaghetti". Maybe that's why he kissed me.
Who proposed? Thayne. We went on a hike to Bridal Veil Falls. He had gone up earlier and found a little spot and put a rose there etc. It was cute. He pulled out a ring box and surprised me. I had wanted to pick out the ring, but he wanted to surprise me with the proposal, so he bought a cubic zirconia from Kmart. It was actually quite pretty. We picked out my real ring later. When I got back to my apartment there was the rest of the dozen roses.
Who has more siblings? Him- 5 brothers and 1 sister. I have 3 sisters and 1 brother.
If anyone else wants to do this, feel free, consider yourself tagged.
6 comments:
Darling photo of the Valentine kids with thier pinks and reds. I love Ella's smile. I remember making those cookie bouquets years ago. Its fun to see you carrying on the tradition. I enjoyed your tag answers. Had forgotten about a few of them. Hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day.
I laughed out loud when I read that Thayne likes to be called "bushy" (and I'm still laughing about it). Thanks for doing the tag! I loved reading it. The picture of your kids is adorable!
Jen I always crack up laughing when I read your blogs.The whole bushy and who cooks for dinner thing, is too funny.Well, I hope you had a great Valentines Day!
OK...was bustin a rib when I read this! You are funny and always keep me laughing Jen! AND...you are totally a cook...so "cereal anyone" doesnt do you justice...I love how you DOWN PLAY yourself! :) You are an amazing mom and wife and we ALL know it! :)
Ditto to Shel. I know you are an amazing cook! You always go all out with everything. I love those flower bouquets. You are such a creative and fun mom/wife!
Hey, that's such a good idea. I always try to do something fun for my kids at dinnertime for Valentine's Day. I had forgotten about that cookie thing. Really cute. I'll have to remember that for next year. Your kids are so adorable and look a lot like each other in that picture.
Post a Comment