Thursday, November 15, 2007

Counting my blessings............ today I am thankful for clouds! It is overcast and I absolutely love it. May sound strange to some, but when you live in a state that is sunny every single day of the entire year ....clouds make you happy. And to top it off it even drizzled a little rain, right as a friend was dropping her daughter off at my house. You should've seen our excitement.

I was also able to go eat a fabulous (em, em) turkey school lunch with Kaden. (Thayne went earlier to eat with Hailey. It's funny how school cafeterias all have the same distinct, somewhat disgusting smell. Like trash and sweaty kids. It brought back memories.) Kaden gets so excited over these things. I told him this morning that Dad or I would be there. So when I was three minutes late, I could see the concerned look as he scanned the cafeteria for me. He later said, "I was just about to start crying and then you showed up." It's nice to feel loved... or maybe it was just that I had his lunch......no, it was me. :) He is so proud of his mom being there and loves to show off his baby sister. I think he just loves all of the attention he gets from the girls by having Ella there. It seems half his class has a crush on him.....probably because he eggs it on. I see the girls look at him and vie for his attention. One girl gave him her oreos, another said, "Kaden doesn't like these cookies I brought, but he likes it when I bring him different ones". Ok- so maybe he just wants their attention so they will bring him junk. Little stinker.

5 comments:

Donna said...

This is too funny. He does love getting attention doesn't he? You are in for a fun ride throughout his school days and teenage years. He will have lots of friends, especially the girls!
Ah, yes the aroma of the school cafeteria. Disgusting. When I was single and waiting for a nursing job to open up, I fried french fries in the EGHS cafeteria. I wreaked of oil. It was in my clothes and hair. So gross. Such fond memories. :)

Larisa said...

Hey, I love your "informative" blog. Yeah for Rain. (Drizzle) I forgot to put that in our blog, I am going to add it now.
Thanks for sharing.
thenagelis.blogspot.com

Hollie said...

I know exactly the smell you are talking about. That is so neat that you got to eat lunch with Kaden. Enjoy his wanting you around while it lasts (at least that is what I hear). Kaden and the girls crack me up. I remember how he and Madison seemed to have an eye for each other while everyone was visiting in Cali last August. Such the ladies' boy!!

JIll said...

Sounds like he is the ladies man, thats all right, nothing wrong with that.Glad to hear you had some clouds and drizzle.I actually love the rain and thunder storms, especially around holiday time.It just makes me feel all cozy and warm inside for some reason.

Anonymous said...

That is too funny that all the little ladies are after Kaden. He sure is a charmer. In fact, Jake has always said that Kaden reminds him of himself when he was younger. And Jake is a big time charmer.

Yay for rain! We need some too. NC is in a big drought right now.