Thayne was released after three years (two different bishops), from his calling as Executive Secretary on Sunday. One of the members of our high council came to release him. The Bishop got up after and said "I don't normally do this, but I feel inspired to say a few things." He then gave a nice tribute to Thayne and asked him to come up and bear his testimony. The rest of the day Thayne kept getting 'Congratulations' on your release. Umm.... 'thanks'. It's kind of funny how people say congratulations on your calling, like it's something you aspire for. (I'm sure I've said it before). Maybe it's more appropriate on your release--- he he.
I'm glad Thayne had the opportunity to have some neat experiences and work with some awesome guys, however, it is going to be soo nice to have him home before and after church on Sundays! I finally don't have to get the kids ready by myself -- Yahoo! They are going to call him to teach gospel principles and work with the missionaries (which he has already been doing anyways). Shh, don't tell anyone, it's not official. :)
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow, I'm sure the Bishop is going to miss him. They rely so much on their secretary! But hooray that you can have some help to make those 8AM church meetings. Thayne will do an awesome job teaching the Gospel Essentials class. It will be like he's back on his mission :) Love yas
Congrats Thayne! (j/k). I remember people congratulating Jake on his bishopric calling and thought that was weird. I think it's even more weird that Thayne is being congratulated for a release. But I'm sure I've said it too. Good luck with the new calling!
Yes- I will be happy when Scott gets released so that I can have help with Hannah. I feel like I'm always sprinting to get to church on time....usually sweating by the time I make it up those stairs. Good job, Thayne, on serving so diligently. You will be great at teaching.
Yeah! The calling I'm sure was great and brought you many blessings. But change is always good. It keeps the energy level high and the calling well devoted to.
Post a Comment