Monday, March 24, 2008

It's about that time for everybody in blogdom to update their Easter blog. Here's mine. Did anyone else feel like Easter popped up on them this year?
Saturday evening
Watched Easter pageant on Mesa temple lawn with some friends. (Nageli's-thanks guys)

Sunday
Found easter baskets, dyed eggs (we usually do this on a different day, but like I said, Easter popped up on me this year.) Attended church. Left Sacrament early because I had a ripped contact that was driving me insane and Ella was being a total stinker (also driving me insane). I think anyone that was around us, was very "aware" of her. Put in new contact lens and came back and taught Easter lesson to the Beehives.
Sunday evening
Hosted Easter dinner. We had a very random and fun group of people this year (as compared to previous years boring groups-- j/k). We all connect in someway. Here is the list.
My immediate family (5)
Neil and Heather's fam (5) (Thayne's bro)
Darrin and Donae's fam (3) (Thayne's bro)
Donae's parents from Mesa (2)
My Aunt Jo and Uncle Jim from Utah (2)
(they happened to be in town because Jim's SIL passed away)
My cousin Rich and Crystal and adorable baby Dominic (3)
My cousin Angela and Ross (2)
Ross' Dad (who happened to be in town) (1)
That equals 23 people. I've hosted more. Bring it.
On the menu:
Ham
(it was a tasty one)
funeral potatoes
(for non-Mormon's, a translation: yummy shredded potatoes mixed with cheese, sour cream, butter, onion, topped with corn flakes mixed with butter. A low fat dish.)
Salad de Maison
(mi favorita, in my ward cook book)
veggie tray
rolls
fruit salad
asparagus

(I've had better. I can say that , because I made them. I tossed w/olive oil, salt, and pepper and roasted in oven.. hmmm not sure what went wrong.)
lemonade/water
Brownie Sundaes

My pictures stink, because I didn't get the camera out until after dark.... and I just remembered we put the camera on a lower quality setting while in San Diego, so it would hold more pictures. We need a new memory card.
We missed all of the Easter egg hunts this year, so we did a little one in the backyard with cousins. Thanks Ross and Angela, and Crys for the candy!


We played a game called "Wise and Otherwise" whilst digesting our very full tummies.


Does anyone else think Kaden would be a pretty girl? How come he has the big red lips and long dark lashes?
Ella pulled her hair things out and does not have pants on. We are "High Class" around these parts.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are such wonderful hosts (and you have a really nice house, so that helps too)! Kaden is looking more and more like Thayne everyday....I can't believe how fast your kids are growing up. I'm glad ya'll had a great Easter!

Angela said...

Thanks for having us! We had such a great time with everyone there. As soon as me and Ross have a place we will have to have you over (although I don't know if I can cook yet...guess we will see.)Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Well, I was very melancholy missing everyone. At least I did get to spend a little time with the cuties here, Samantha and Dominic and David and Jill. Otherwise, after Church we ate leftovers and played a quick game of Scrabble. I've already made plans that next Easter is going to be different. It did come very early this year (the earliest in 100 yrs.according to Dave) and I was didn't make any plans. Looks like a very fun gathering.

Hollie said...

I felt the same way about Easter. I was thinking about St. Patrick's Day on Monday and then, boom, on Tuesday, switched into an Easter mode. At least you colored Easter eggs. I have the eggs (raw still) and coloring dye kit. Maybe we will get to it this or next week. Looks like so much fun having relatives and friends surrounding you constantly.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's quite the company you had over for Easter. I think I would be too stressed to enjoy all the food and folks. You are such a great hostess.

Anonymous said...

I'm really not that great of a host. The only things I made were the ham, asparagus, and veggie tray. Everyone else brought the delicious sides and desserts. I do get stressed about getting the house clean, although I shouldn't because it is usually thrashed in 2.2 second from the kiddies.

JIll said...

Sounds like you had a fun Easter.I would have been stressed.I feel sorry for my family when I am getting the house ready for a event.I am not much fun to be around, David has learned the best way to help me is just take the kids out to the park or somewhere so I can work my magic!

Shel said...

Jen, you are sooo funny. I always crack up reading your posts. This past SUnday was like the one you talked about here. I took Carter and Brycee home during Sacrament meeting...they were both sooo tired and just would never had made it...though my guilt was too much leaving as my son is screaming his loudest in the halls with GIGANTIC tears as we carry him out "Mom, I don't want to go with you, I WANT TO STAY AT CHURCH!" I made funeral potatoes too...your comment on the low fat ness of it...made me smile! Your asparagus sounds deelish to me. Yeah, Easter hit too soon. I still had a hang over from all the green beer. KIDDING! But, I am keeping my Easter stuff up another week still because it is supposed to be in APRIL...and I'm not ready to take it down yet.
A few of my dishes didn't quite work to my approval either...not sure why?? You are amazing though....I cant believe you had so many....sure sounds fun though. Our family plus 2 was just too small. I need to know what this game is you played!!