Friday, April 11, 2008

I've been a bad blogger lately.




There are many reasons why.




Here is this week's reason.

I have strep throat. I won't bother you with a real picture. I don't want to make you heave.


Where did I catch it from, you ask. Who knows? We've caught all sorts of cooties since January. It's starting to be embarrassing.


I went into the doctors today and he took a look at my throat and said,


"Ewww, yikes, that's a nasty one."


Then he felt my neck glands and said,


"Oh, man, oh yeah, those are swollen."


Then he swabbed the back of my throat and looked at the swab, and said,


"Ewww, yeah, you've definitely got strep. Nasty."


The test results came back VERY positive. He asked,


"Would you like a shot or a z pack?


Me: "Where do you put the shot? (in a swollen tongue voice)


"In your bottom."


Me: "I think I'll take the z pack."


I was a little afraid he might say, "Eww, nasty." when he gave me the shot in my fanny.

(He was actually a funny doc.)

Now let's hope I didn't pass it to everyone else.

Maran, I'll try to do your tag soon.... I don't want to grow horns out of my head.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been wondering what's going on with you. I'm sorry you've been so sick! I hope the rest of your family stays healthy and that you heal quickly.

Anonymous said...

Jen -
Your doctor sounds like a funny guy. Last time I went to the doctor, he checked for strep. While we were waiting for the results, we started to shoot the breeze. I told him that I worked at Staples. When he came back to tell me that I did not have strep, he had an Easy Button and pushed it after he told me I was fine. The difference...your doctor seems to be pretty funny, my doctor thought he was funny, but was not.
When I did have strep a few years ago, I opted for the shot. It wasn't right in the rump, but just a little below my hip. I hope you feel better soon
Scott

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering too where you have been. So sorry to hear you have strep. That is so painful. Maybe I am ignorant, but what is a Z pack? Oral antibiotics? As painful or embarrassing as the shot is, it might have worked faster for you. It only hurts for a minute (unless you have someone who doesn't know what they are doing). Hope you feel better soon and keep a watch out for the little ones.

lindsayfam said...

Hey Jenn, Rachel told me about your Blog. I just started one, it's not great, I'm still learning. It's rayandjennlindsay.blogspot.com So sorry to here you are sick. I hope you feel better soon. We are doing well here. We need to get together and catch up. It sounds like you've gone through a lot with your sweet Ella. So sorry to hear that. I can relate we've had some health issues with Braden as well and spent a couple months in and out of Children's Hospital running tests. He was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. If you aren't doing anything this Saturday it's Brett's baptism and a BBQ afterwards. We'd love to have you. I know it's short notice, if it doesn't work let's plan another time to get together. Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you have had strep. That's yucky. I feel bad that you guys have been so sick this winter. This winter has definitely been a rough one.

Shel said...

OK...bustin a rib...AGAIN! Let me quote my favorite part: I was a little afraid he might say, "Eww, nasty." when he gave me the shot in my fanny. I'm with ya honey! Funny though....poor girl! Nice commentary he gave you througout though!! At least you know he wasnt holding anything back!!