Happy St. Patrick's Day!


The quarter Irish in me wishes you a happy St. Patrick's Day! "May the luck of the Irish be upon you" (said in my best Irish accent.) For some reason I now want to say "arggggh, mighty!"-- like a pirate. I guess my pirate voice and my Irish voice are the same.
On the menu: Corned beef, w/ cabbage, potatoes, & carrots, Caesar salad, sourdough baguette with green garlic butter. And our favorite- Diablo Verde (green devil) ..... because what would St. Patty's day be without a little specialty drink from Los Hermanos Mexican restaurant??
Would you like the recipe?
4-5 scoops Lime Sherbet
4-5 scoops Lime Sherbet
(if you pronounce Sherbet as sherBERT, then you are not allowed to make this drink)
4-5 scoops Pineapple Sherbet
1 Kiwi fruit (they use kiwi syrup)
1 banana
1/4-1/2 avocado (sounds weird, but makes it soo creamy)
a little sprite to get it whirling
Makes about 4 servings
1 Kiwi fruit (they use kiwi syrup)
1 banana
1/4-1/2 avocado (sounds weird, but makes it soo creamy)
a little sprite to get it whirling
Makes about 4 servings
Enjoy!
5 comments:
I totally forgot about the Diablo Verde. That's a perfect treat for St. Patty's day. I'm printing the recipe right now.
You are always so creative with all the holidays. The green goody boxes look cute. Your kids are lucky to have you as a mom!
P.S. How do you get Ella to smile in all your pictures? She is such a happy girl. I tried taking Easter pics of Allie and she would NOT smile for me. It's so frustrating.
I totally prounce sherbet, sherbert-I need to work on that! hehe. I can't wait to see your cute family again-I am flying out this weekend, and then we need to find a place to live!
So CUTE!! You have such cute ideas! I did not go all out for St. Patty's Day this year, but we did have corned beef and cabbage on Sunday. I keep telling myself once our kids are older I will do fun things.
I totally know what you mean about people saying sherbert; it drives me nuts (and I think everyone does it so no offense to anyone who does say it...it's kind of like realator). Thanks for the yummy recipe!!
Jennifer, I haven't laughed that hard in years!!Your blog made me have tears rolling down my face. I couldn't even read it to Dave because I was laughing so hard. Especially at the pirate voice. And of course, why didn't I think of Diablo Verde at St. Patrick's Day. It just is so logical. Hee hee. And yes I believe I do say Sherbert so I can't make that recipe.:) I was going to have corned beef and cabbage but left is sitting on the counter over night. Uh, not in the mood for Salmonella, or E. coli or whatever. So in the trash the entire brisket went. We ended up eating enchiladas. (IT would have gone well with the Diablo Verdes) MOM
Post a Comment