The pyramid of kukulman. Supposively, if you stand on the top step, and speak, it can be heard from great distances. There are some other really neat things about this pyramid, I'll have to tell you all.

I took this picture from a website, this is the observatory. Chichen itza is pretty big and we ran out of time to see it all. This was a major city.

The ball court. This was kind of like a colliseum of sorts. There were usually much smaller ball courts. This one had a place for the emperor to sit and the game usually ended in human sacrifice.

I thought this was a cool shot.


Ross- aka- Steve Martin Jr.- was a crack up. I love all of the poses he would do. I can't remember if there were a 1000 or 2000 of these columns. They went back into the jungle and were connected to the building pictured above this. They think the columns had a thatched roof and it was some sort of market place.

Thayne heading down to a cenote.

I took this picture from a website, this is the observatory. Chichen itza is pretty big and we ran out of time to see it all. This was a major city.
The ball court. This was kind of like a colliseum of sorts. There were usually much smaller ball courts. This one had a place for the emperor to sit and the game usually ended in human sacrifice.
I thought this was a cool shot.
Ross- aka- Steve Martin Jr.- was a crack up. I love all of the poses he would do. I can't remember if there were a 1000 or 2000 of these columns. They went back into the jungle and were connected to the building pictured above this. They think the columns had a thatched roof and it was some sort of market place.
Thayne heading down to a cenote.
3 comments:
That cenote looks awesome. That would be so scary to run through the jungle and fall through one though. Sounds like you guys really got to explore and have tons of fun there.
It's amazing that you were able to do so much fun stuff. Scott and I are definitely going to have to go someday. I can't wait to see you guys on Saturday and hear more stories about it.
Wow, this look like an amazing trip.Educational and lots of fun too.If you ever go again lets us know, we will have to go.
Post a Comment