Thursday, June 21, 2007

Playa Del Carmen part I

Ok- I wasn't sure how to blog about our vacation- we did so much and have so many pictures! So, I'm going to blog in two day increments, I won't post every picture. This is kind of my vacation log, so if it's too detailed for you, just look at the pics :)

Sunday and Monday
Got there Sunday night. Playa del Carmen is about 2 hours ahead of us, and the drive from the airport to our hotel was about an hour. You all would be proud. I actually used some Spanish on this trip. We spoke with the cab driver almost the whole way. Between Crystal, Rich and I , we carried on a pretty good conversation. Anyways, we checked in to the hotel about 10:30pm. We were impressed when we drove up, the resort was pretty nice.

The lobby


chandelier in the lobby
The staff brought Crystal and I a rose, and all of us a yummy drink. We were all hungry, so we got a bite to eat and then met up with Ross and Angela. Ross and Angela were upgraded for no reason to a suite, which was pretty nice. They kept scorin the deals man! We liked to rub this in all week. We all stayed up to 2:30AM chit chattin.
Blurry pic- Our room was nice too. All rooms had a balcony and tile floors. The staff always left an animal made of towels on the bed. Speaking of the bed-- very hard, but I hear all hotels in Mexico have very hard beds.

Monday we all slept in. We were very happy with the breakfast buffet. I thought the food was great!

The food went all the way to the end of this. You could get anything ie; fruit and granola, made to order omelettes, bacon, sausage, salami, cheeses, french toast, salads, cereals, yogurts, fresh juices, whatever you wanted. Some of the food (especially at lunch and dinner) I had never seen before, like different kinds of salads made out of lentils etc. I think they did a pretty good job catering to American and European tastes.

There were also three "restaurants" open for dinner at the resort. I thought they were pretty good too, but the buffet had so much to choose from we almost preferred that.
This is the dinner buffet. I think this is Paella. (???) I should've been brave and tried it. I can handle the shrimp, but not the mussels.
After breakfast, we pretty much hung at the beach and pool. The hotel provided boogy boards, kayaks, peddle boats, and catamarans to check out. We all got kayaks and went out on the ocean. We also had a handstand contest in the pool.
That night we walked a shopping district called 5th avenue and ate at Senor Frogs.

Crystal asked the servers to take a picture, and this is what happened. This place was a little wild and crazy :)
These guys at Senor Frogs were full of Machismo. I think they thought they were so cool!
Fifth avenue shopping district- where everyone wants your business.



Stay tuned for part II.
































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Looks so beautiful!! We need to go on trips like that all together some day. The water is so beautiful!! I've seen pictures on TV before of a water bar like the one pictured and I always wanted to go somewhere like that. I am excited to see your other pictures.

Hollie said...

What an awesome opportunity! Hopefully it's the first of many to come. I can't wait to hear more stories of things that happened while you were there. (I can't wait to see you all this week, too!)

JIll said...

Ahh, looks like you guys had a wonderful time.I need to make David take me there someday!How was it not having any kids with you?Was it nice to get up in the morning and just get yourself ready and not 3 other people?I bet you missed them.Its nice to get away, but they are always on our minds.