Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Ok- for those of you wondering when I'm going to post some pics- sorry, I scheduled too much stuff this week (dentist for Kaden and Hailey, doctor for Kaden and Hailey, dentist for me, meeting with 5 therapists for Ella etc) and we have huge things going on in Young Womens. So here are a couple of pictures. I'll probably post more by Thursday.

The whole gang. What a fun group of people- I would gladly go on a trip with all of them again! These are the ruins at Tulum- a port city. It overlooked the beautiful ocean. I'll tell you more about this later. (In case your wondering why everyone has long shorts on but me, it's because I have such hot legs. Actually, they are my swim shorts, we went swimming right after).

We were twinners with our brown shirts- not planned. This is another view of Tulum. You probably can't see, but our shirts (especially Thayne's) are soaking with sweat. The humidity was intense, especially when you hike around in the sun.

This is Chichen- Itza. These are probably the most famous ruins in this area. They were pretty amazing. Unfortunately, we couldn't climb this one or go inside anymore. However, we were able to climb another temple at Coba, which is even taller.

Us playing volleyball on the beach. We played team Mexico and the guys later played team Germany. There were a lot of Europeans at this resort. It was awesome to meet people from around the world. Everyone was so friendly. Look at that blue water! I loved the ocean. It was not a beach that you catch big waves on, but it was one that you swim around in with very small waves. I actually preferred it. I floated on my back for a while and let the little waves just lift me up and down.

5 comments:

Hollie said...

Wow! What an incredible experience you guys had. It looks absolutely beautiful and relaxing. I hope we get to go on some kind of foreign trip with you and anyone else who would like to go one day. I think that would be such a blast.

Anonymous said...

How fun! That picture of you guys playing volleyball on the beach is awesome. I love the palm trees on the beach with the BLUE water. It's gorgeous! By the way, your legs are hot! I bet you have a beautiful tan. I wish we could have been there with you. Give us a few more years, and then we can go with you.

Donna said...

Wow is that water and the photos beautiful. The temple looks fake. What an awesome experience. Yes, I was kinda wondering why you had on shorter shorts than anyone else. Now I get it.I am so glad you were able to do this while you are young and can totally enjoy the physical aspects of it.

Scott said...

You should make that volleyball picture into a postcard. It's beautiful! Was the water warm?

Anonymous said...

Maran, the water was perfect! It wasn't too cold or too warm. It felt refreshing to jump in.