Sunday, June 3, 2007

More busy-ness

Hailey graduated from preschool this week.
May has been crazy for us. I keep thinking it is going to let up, but it doesn't. We are currently adding swim lessons to the mix. Hailey sure seemed to like her swim lessons. On the way home, she commented about five times, "that was sure fun!" I wonder if she has a little crush on the teacher. Ella and I are taking a parent/tot class. She seems to really like it, too.


On Memorial day, we went swimming, to the mall and out to eat. That night there was a first ever Surprise parade. My kids were invited to march in the parade for Chick-fil-a. I don't know if Kaden was too shy or too cool, but he didn't want to. Hailey did; so I marched with her while Thayne, Kaden, and Ella watched. One of the Chick-fil-a "cows" kept tapping Hailey on the shoulder and teasing her. The cow gave her a little flower--I think this made Hailey feel special. She commented on the way home, "that cow sure liked me."

It's funny that Hailey can be so shy, but she doesn't seem too afraid to perform. However, she won't smile while she performs. It was funny to walk behind her in the parade. She kept waving her flag and waving to everyone. I can tell she felt really cool-- it was cute.

As for this coming week-- it is going to be a busy one. We have all of our usual commitments, but Kaden is out of school Wednesday and I have a lot to get ready still before we leave for Cancun on Sunday!!!! I also have a volleyball tournament on Tuesday night, YW's Wednesday night, a going away party for one of our Beehives Thursday night (Bishop's daughter), and a ward going away party for our Bishop (they are moving to Texas) which the YW have a big part in, on Friday night. Patricia comes Saturday. Hopefully, I'll fit in one more blog before we go.


We had a weigh in/ body fat check on Saturday at bootcamp. Here is the verdict-- I am down 4lbs- whoop- ity-doo- da. However, my body fat has gone down 4% and my clothes are fitting a lot better. We didn't do measurements, but I am sure I have lost some inches. Surprisingly, I am currently leading the contest. First place gets $300, second $200, and third $100. I better push hard this week, because Cancun might kill me. The resort is like a cruise-- all you can eat food and drinks, all of the time-- yikes. Maybe I'll just eat what Crystal eats and I'll come back skinny (I wish).

7 comments:

Hollie said...

Hailey is such a cutey. She reminds me of Kamrie. What a sweet age for little girls.

Hollie said...

So how long does boot camp last? I hope you get the grand prize!!

Anonymous said...

The comments that Hailey said made me laugh. She is such a cutie!

I considered doing a mom and tot class with Allie but can't afford it right now. We found a free pool and have been swimming there a couple times per week.

Congrats on being in 1st place. I hope you win. I admire you for doing boot camp...i bet it's tough. Make sure to take a ton of pictures in Cancun so you can post them on your blog.

Scott said...

Hailey kind of reminds me of myself when I was little (she's much cuter, though). I was shy around people, too, but had no problem getting in front of a camera or showing off for people, as I'm sure you know.

Anonymous said...

Bootcamp goes till the end of June. Hopefully I'll lose a few more by then. And Maran- Hailey does remind me of you,in appearance as well- you are/were both adorable little girls with blond hair, and brown/hazel eyes. I wish Hailey had your nice olive skin though (I'm sure all my kids will curse us for their fair skin).

Jake said...

Have a blast in Cancun! Here's your chance to use that Spanish that ALL the Price sisters learned but don't use :)

"Pssst, camarero, una limonada por favor."

"Hola, yo soy Jennifer y soy de California."

"Cuidado, ladron. Yo estoy muy fuerte. Gane en 'bootcamp.'"

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jennifer! Congrats on even going to boot camp and hanging in there. It will pay off. You will probably feel better as well as have your clothes fit better. The longer you do it, the easier it gets. I remember jogging for miles every weekday morning and how hard it was. When a doughnut was put before me, I thought I've worked so hard that the doughnut isn't even worth it. Take lots of pictures in Cancun. I've never been there. Love yas.