For those of you early birds (which would be none of the Price's), 8AM church sounds great! I am not totally loving this. Thayne has meetings on Sunday starting at 6AM (poor guy)! I get up around 6:15, which wouldn't be so bad if I had just myself to get ready. Unfortunately, my children are not natural early birds (that is what happens when neither parent is an early bird)and getting Kaden up and keeping the spirit, do not go hand in hand.
However, the benefit to this is a nice afternoon nap! By the end of the day, my house is usually a bomb, but hey the kids are using their imaginations. There is nothing like a good Sunday fort. Here is an example of what my family room usually looks like on Sunday. A fort for Hailey and one for Kaden. The first Sunday they did this, they literally took every blanket, sheet, pillowcase, tablecloth etc. out of the closet (while I was napping). It was a mega fort! It took us a very long time to fold them back up. They now have a limit of two blankets each. Happy Sunday to all!
3 comments:
How fun! I remember doing this all the time as a kid.
We have church at 1pm...which stinks! It's right during Allie's nap time (as well as mine) so she either skips her nap or miraculously falls asleep in Dad's arms and misses most of nursery. We were at 9am, which was perfect. I don't ever get to sleep in anyway since Allie gets up at 7ish so I'd rather have early church. Isn't your ward only 2.5 hrs long? I'm jealous! I love church...but we always have a meeting for our calling before church, which makes it 4 hours long...and that's tough with a napless toddler.
I remember doing that as a kid too and I loved it. I think I will love it if my kids do it when they are older. I will probably be right in there building the fort with them and playing Barbies with my girls:)
I remember the "sandwich" you guys made with the cushions on the couch. That couch was a piece of junk but it was great for kids! Mom
Post a Comment