We found this antique (nice way of saying very old) baby grand piano on Craig's list. It was in a restaurant in Scottsdale. The previous owner was not sure how old it was, but we found a handwritten date that says, "John McGovern Dec. 26, 1940". I'm not sure if that qualifies for an antique or not. The piano was a little scratched up, but Thayne worked his magic and it looks pretty good. It's nice to have some music in the house- we just had FHE and sang "Love at Home" around the piano (aren't we just so sweet).
Thank you to everyone who fasted and prayed for Ella. She had a great therapy session today. Usually, she is stressed out and crying after twenty minutes, but today she lasted the whole forty five minutes and was really responsive.
(And if you were wondering, yes, Hailey is shirtless in the picture and I didn't realize Ella was underneath the piano when I took the picture.)
3 comments:
That looks like a really nice piano. I hope to someday buy a piano as well and re-learn how to play it. I miss being able to play an instrument.
That's so awesome that you got a piano. It looks really nice for being so old.
Some how I was the ONLY child in our family that didn't take piano lessons. I think I can play twinkle twinkle little star and mary had a little lamb. I would love to have a piano later on but it might just sit untouched against a wall. I'm thinking of putting Allie into piano lessons, violin lessons and singing lessons to make up for my lack of musical talent.
kerrie, how did we miss you? Anyway, it was fun having a piano when you guys were small. Hailey reminded me of you in that photo. Good job. Mom
Post a Comment