Thursday, February 8, 2007

Ella's Hearing Test




Ella had her hearing test at Phoenix children's hospital. She passed with flying colors! I love PHX childrens hospital, because they cater to kids and the staff is excellent. They had Ella and I go in a sound proof room with a lady who held toys in front of her. Then you would hear a birdie noise on one side of the room or a zippity do da sound on the other side. If she looked to the side that the noise was on, a pooh bear would light up. The sounds would get more and more quiet. It was really cute and actually really funny to watch Ella respond. I had to control my laughter because they didn't want her to pay attention to me. Then they did the test with little things in her ears. It was a miracle that she didn't pull them out-- the staff was good at side tracking her.One test down-- more to come. Thought I would post a couple of pics. Even though they say Ella is tactile defensive (I think it is more in her feet), she obviously has no problem getting messy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I'm glad everything went well with the hearing tests. I love pictures of messy babies...and she sure is a cute messy baby.

Scott said...

What a cute little fetcher. (Only people I love, care for, and respect are called fetcher, so it is meant with love) We are glad to "hear" her test went well. That was meant as a pun, or a play on words. We love you guys and hope things continue to go well. Love Uncle Scott