Monday, June 16, 2008

Yes, we are alive.
Man, I think that was the longest blog break I have taken since I started this blog.
We've been busy. Busy, busy, busy.
Here is what we have been doing. Be prepared for excitement.
*May always means end of school year activities and other craziness. Examples: School talent show (Kaden performed), kindergarten picnic and celebrations, showcase night, American idol party etc. etc.
* Lot's of meetings. Meetings, meetings, meetings. Ella's early intervention programs change from state care, to school district care at age three. She will be starting preschool on her birthday in August. This involves lots of evaluations with old therapists and new ones, etc. I have two more meetings this week.
*Another trip to San Diego.
*Another case of strep throat (on my trip to San Diego-- what the heck is going on? I'm the only one getting this.)
*Swim lessons, scout (day) camp, piano lessons, dr appointments, broken down car etc. etc.
*And our biggest news and biggest reason of no blogging is...............................(no, I'm not prego).............
.............. we moved! (pictures and explantion to follow)
Hailey and her three closest friends. Taylor, Kailey G. (not to be confused with Kaylee C. or Kaila), Hailey, and Mia. I forgot it was "Western day"... what a great mom.
Hailey-first day of kindergarten. (BTW, a new superintendent got rid of school uniforms on the fourth day of school. Not very nice considering everyone had already bought them. I actually prefer school uniforms and wrote a letter telling them why. I don't think it is going to change anything though- oh well.)

Last day of kindergarten (she did very well). She has the head tilt down.
Kaden- first day of third grade. (Nice pic, huh?)


Last day of third grade. (Brag moment- He got a 4.0 all year)


Trip to legoland- I got these tickets for ten bucks.




We also took a trip to New York City.

And South Dakota.
We went to the olympics too.... oh wait those aren't aren't for a couple of months.




Balboa park.

Cute pic of Ella Bella on the beach playground.
Jumproping seaweed


Did a little boogie boarding. ...while I slept in the car (strep throat, remember?) Maybe I should mention that most of this San Diego day was spent looking for and waiting in an urgent care. While I was waiting in the urgent care, three serious emergency patients came in and they had to call the paramedics each time. I'm not sure why those people did not just go to the e.r., it was right across the street. Oh well, I hope they are ok. (Two of them were elderly and were having heart problems.)
Sea world. My view at the end of the day from the car, again. (Strep throat, remember?) This was actually the first day in San Diego. It rained on and off the whole day. I did catch this beautiful rainbow... and that is the ride Thayne, Kaden, and Hailey rode about five times while I was in the car. It was their favorite.

And finally, we said good bye to this. (You've been a great home for us little housy. We'll miss you. Kaden is especially sad to say good bye to his best neighbor buddies)

And hello to this.

Our beautiful front doors... we found on ebay.
Explanation- Thayne built this home as an investment. We bought the (acre) lot three years ago in the peak of the market. About a month or two later, the housing market slowed.... and has been slowing ever since. We pretty much could not have timed it worse. So, we have decided to live in it and figure out what to do with our other house (sale, rent, etc??) For now I am going to enjoy it, but if you know anyone who wants a 4400 sq foot home on an acre lot, let me know :)
By the way, I did not have email or phone for a week, so I am just getting back to responding and checking everyone's blogs.

8 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow you guys have been crazy busy!! Rhett went to the preschool Ella will go to, you'll love it, it's great!!

Your trip looks like fun - for everyone but you, poor thing! I hope you're feeling better.

Your new house is gorgeous - WOW!! I hope things work out with selling/renting your other home, it's so nice too.

Hollie said...

You have a very busy (but rewarding, I'm sure) life! I'm sorry about the strep. I have a neighbor who seems to get it all the time too. The mother was saying that dogs are carriers of the strep bacteria. Are you consistently around a certain dog? Who knows, maybe you're just stressed (I can't imagine why!). Your kids are growing up so quickly. Way to go Kaden with the 4.0 all year long! That's awesome.

lindsayfam said...

Hey Jenn, sounds like you've been crazy busy. THe new home is beautiful, WOW! So sorry to ear you have been battling strep, we've had a bout of it ourselves, nasty stuff. We have to get together!!!!! It's been way too long.

Donna said...

The photos are great. Great job Kaden on the 4.0. That is an adorable picture of Ella on the playground. And Hailey, of course, is just beautiful.
So when do we get pix of the inside of your home? It looks just gorgeous. I love the doors. What were the shipping charges on those doors?! You will be getting 10,000 steps in every day just by living in your home. But a one story is so much easier on the knees. :)

Anonymous said...

Your new house is beautiful! How do the kids like the neighbors? I think San Diego is your second home. You guys go there a lot. I love it there and hope that we can make it to the reunion there next year.

Anonymous said...

One of these days I want to see your new house in person. It's beautiful! That's pretty cool that you got those doors on ebay.
I love the pictures of the kids. Congrats to Kaden on a 4.0! I predict he's going to be the homecoming king in high school. He's smart, cute, and athletic.
P.S. Do you have the same home phone number?

Angela said...

Thats fun that you moved to that house-it is such a beautiful home! Hope things are going okay for you-even though you are busy! Your kids are so cute.

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.