Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Thanks for the prayers

Ella's appointment went much better than the previous one. I could tell it was going to be better, because the doctor came in and SAT down. The previous doctor stood the whole time and appeared to be in a hurry.

This doctor went over all of the notes before she came into the room, and checked out the results of every lab. She wants to run them all again and she added a few more. She is also sending us to a pediatric dietitian... my appointment is on Tuesday. She said there is a very in depth growth hormone test, which requires an I.V. etc. However, she wants to observe Ella's growth pattern a little longer before she does this test. I know I've said it before.... I don't want Ella to have any issues with these things, but I also don't want to miss anything.

So, here we go again. Let's hope that if there is something, it will show up, and if not then we will get her weight under control.

For my record, here are the tests she is doing:

ACTH
Cortisol
IGF-1
IGF binding protein-3 [igfbp-3]
Intact PTH
Free T4
TSH
Comprehensive metabollic panel
prolactin

By the way, sorry for being emotional in the last post... I was a little PMS. (And sorry to any guy who just read "PMS".)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, you have the right to be emotional. You are dealing with a very difficult problem that affects your child. Nothing gets a mother's attention more than the well being of her child. You have been so strong all the time, you need some emotional time and a little support from those that love you. Plus, I think our prayers worked. Perhaps this physician will truly try to keep sweet Ella healthy and stay on top of things. Ella is in my prayers nightly. Love yas Mom

Hollie said...

I'm so glad to hear that it went better. I've been thinking about your family every day. It sounds like this doctor will help you find the answers you are looking for.

Marc and Stacy said...

Jen,
You wrote me on my blog a while back, and I never commented back but always meant to. I jump over from Maran's blogs to all of yours as well to see how your beautiful families are doing. You have a gorgeous family. I am so sorry that you are going through a rough time with Ella, Maran has been visiting and we have talked about it as well. She will be in our prayers! Take care!
Stacy Rogers

Marc and Stacy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shel said...

Jen,
This made me cry. Isn't prayer amazing?? ...and wonderful friends who are/were all praying for your family and sweet Ella. Things will just keep getting better and better. Finding the right doctors is definitely the answer...so you are doing all the right things. I just LOVE Ella, she ALWAYS makes me smile. She is my favorite face in nursery (and I think she likes me the best!) :) XOXOX This is a step in the right direction...finally! YAY!

Brooke said...

I'm so happy to hear that the apt went well! We'll keep praying for you and I'm sure you'll find some answers soon :o). You are an AMAZING mommy!

Anonymous said...

Jen-
I'm so glad that things went better this time. The way that the doctor treats you can make a world of difference. Keep us updated on anything they find. Ella will continue to be in our prayers. We love her so much!

Shel said...

I realize you have nothing better to do than to blog....but I am having Christensen blogging withdrawals....write soon!!! :)

Shel said...

I realize you have nothing better to do than to blog....but I am having Christensen blogging withdrawals....write soon!!! :)