I think it should be called the "My Strep throat blog", or maybe the "Update on Ella blog", or it could be "Our vacation log blog". That pretty much covers this blog and this post.
Yes. I. have. strep. throat. again. Don't worry Utahns, I will be on a two week course of antibiotics this time and won't be contagious by tomorrow. I wonder if I am even contagious anyway. During the last case of it, at Sea World, I actually chewed up a starburst and put it in Ella's mouth. She never got it. And I guarantee that everyone in my family drank off of my water bottle at one point or another.
My tonsils and mouth get so swollen that they wanted to put me on steroids the last two times. (However, I never filled that prescription.) My tonsils were actually touching my uvula (nice). This case doesn't feel nearly as bad, and the doctor still freaked at the sight of my throat. He thinks I need to see an ENT. He thinks my tonsils may be past the point of no return, and they may need to come out. I'm going to have to check this out.
When I googled it, it sounded like someone in the family could be carrying strep (maybe me.) I was hoping we could test all of my children before I get to the tonsils coming out point. He said that it most likely isn't the case and insurance would wonder why we were testing healthy people. (It all comes down to insurance-- doesn't it?)
He also asked if I snore. He said that I am so swollen, he would be suprised that I didn't snore and cause myself not to get good sleep. I do have to say that I NEVER wake up feeling rested, but I thought that was just me going to bed too late and rarely getting the eight hours that my body needs (no wonder I keep getting this.) And, considering that Thayne has pretty much never seen me truly asleep... who knows if I snore?? Thayne is the deepest sleeper on planet earth (as compared to planet mars??) and I am the lightest sleeper (annoying on both parts.) If Thayne is awake, or so much as bats an eyelid, I am awake. I sound like some sort of anxious, crazy woman, but I don't feel like that at all. I just inherited light sleeping genes.
Anyhoo- enough of my strep throat tales. I was just wondering if anyone else has had experience with multiple cases of strep?? Or tonsilitis.
And because I like to add pictures, here are a couple of the inside of our house. I have not decorated yet, so there is nothing on the walls.
9 comments:
Your house is gorgeous! I'm sorry that you get strep so much. It doesn't seem normal to me. The good thing about your tonsils is that you don't absolutely need them so if it helps your strep throat, I would say get 'em pulled out (although I guess surgery isn't fun if it's not necessary).
You poor thing! I can't believe you have strep again. I'm surprised no one else in the family catches it.
Love the house! Oh how I'd love to have a pantry like that (I think our kitchen is about the size of your pantry). The colors you picked for everything are fabulous...the cabinets are gorgeous.
Wow, beeuutifullll! Love your kitchen. Great pantry. It will be filled up in no time.
That is so weird about your strep. That is a potentially dangerous bug so I hope the antibiotics kill it this time. I know there is such a thing as a carrier who doesn't actually get the symptoms but passes on he bacteria. It is possible that one of your kids is a carrier, but why is it only you who gets it? Think twice about the tonsilectomy. Not easy for an adult.And as far as snoring, I think that is not the case. I am sure someone would have told you that you snore at some point. And, you usually catch yourself snoring because it wakes you up (especially if you are a light sleeper). The doctor is on the wrong path. Just my opinion. :)
Hey strep goddess. Geez... sorry! That stinks. Weird too. :( The pictures of the house are amazing, but it's even better in person. We had so much fun coming to see you guys. We always have tons of fun with you guys. ;) I'll give you a call some time this week and give you an update on little Dom. Good stuff. ;) Love ya!
Your house is beautiful! I want to see it again now that it is furnished. How fun for you to have a nice new CLEAN (not that your old one wasn't) house. I would like to build another one again some day. I love the smell of new houses.
So sorry to hear about your strep throat again! Poor thing!!! That's awful. Your house pictures are so fun to look at! I love everything. Wish we could build a copy of your house, it's amazing!!
Beautiful house Jenn! I love a new house, I hate the unpacking though. I hope you figure out the whole strep throat dilemma, frustrating! Have a great vacation, we'll look forward to seeing you in August.
Sorry to hear about your throat.Hopefully it will get better soon.Can I just say that I am in LOVE with your house.It is Gorgeous!The only thing is, I don't envy you in having to clean it!Can't wait to see more pictures!
Oh, by the way, are you excepting reservations yet?Can we book a night or 2 in one of the wings?
The house looks sooo good! We look forward to seeing you soon!
Post a Comment