Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Out of the Mouth's of Babes-- part two


Kaden is an expert at stalling when it comes to going to bed. He always comes out of his room at least once and asks some random question that he thinks of on the spot.

I heard him coming down the stairs one night and said loudly, "Go to bed Kaden!"
He continued to come down.

Kaden: "Um mom, I just have a question."

Me: "Go to bed Kaden."

Kaden: "But mom, I was just thinking about Jesus, and I have a question."

(my ears perk up, I wouldn't want to miss a great teaching moment.)

Me: "What bud?"

Kaden: I was just wondering, would the plural form of Jesus be Jesi?


Hailey and I also had an "interesting" conversation.

We were at TJ Maxx and she kept saying that her tummy hurt. When we got outside she said it hurt again.

Me: Hailey, what kind of hurt is it? Do you feel like you are going to throw up?

Hailey: No, mom. (cups hand to mouth and whispers) I just have gas.

Me: (laughing)

Hailey: (cups hand to mouth and whispers, again) See, that's why I just tooted.

Me: (laughing)

Hailey: Mom, does everyone call it "toots"?

Me: No, our family calls it that, but some families have different names for it.

Hailey: Mom, does Jesus call it "toots"?

Me: (laughing)- Um, I'm not sure what Jesus calls it. Maybe he calls it flatulence.

Hailey: Mom, does Jesus toot?

Me: (laughing) Well, I'm sure he did on the earth, but let's hope none of us have to "toot" in heaven.

I'm glad my kids are thinking of Jesus. :)

And finally Ella-- she likes to be funny sometimes. She likes to call me a "stinka" (stinker).

Ella: Mom, you a stinka.

Me: I am?

Ella: Mom, you a stinka bum. (I had never heard her say that- so I started laughing.)

Me: Oh really?

Ella: You a stinka bum. You need to take a baf (bath).


There's also a new post below.

5 comments:

JIll said...

too funny!You never know with kids what they are going to say.But you are right, it is good that they are thinking about God!

Anonymous said...

That was hilarious. I am laughing out loud. You have funny kids. Glad you can all laugh together. Love yas

Anonymous said...

I rarely laugh out loud but this had me rolling. Your kids are little comedians.

Anonymous said...

What silly little kids you have! I can picture Ella calling you a stinka bum with a big smile on her face. They are all so cute and smart. I love Ella's hair in the next post. I laughed when you wrote that Thayne called her Chris Farly, but I certainly don't think that she looks like him.

leslie jo said...

I second that motion that was funny! Cute kids! Can't wait to see your little family soon!