Sunday, August 3, 2008

We're back.

Actually, we've been back for almost two weeks. I think we had the "post-vacation blues" the first week back. After constant fun and cousins galore for three and a half weeks, my kids have been bored to (near) death. The good thing is, we've done lot's of reading since being home. Kaden is on his third Harry Potter book. Maybe I'll get out their summer school packets this week, considering school starts in a week.... better late than never (however, we are going to do one more trip to So. Cal this thurs-sunday.) We missed you Kerrie and Jake, and David (my brother lives there, but was fighting fires the entire time).


Here our are No.California adventures-- Utah adventures still to come. What we did in a nutshell:


Movies: Wall-e and numerous DVD's from Dave's extensive list

Food: In-N-Out, Baja Fresh, Texas Roadhouse for grandpa Price's birthday, Extended Family BBQ, Sunday dinner at dads, Oreo yogurt (the best!) from Tiger's, and all of the delicious food from mom's house,

Shopping: Costco, Target, Dollar tree, Once upon a Child, grocery store (sounds like home). No 'fun' shopping because we had no husbands to watch the kiddies.

Field trips: 'Some place Fun' (thanks dad!), Jelly Belly Factory, numerous parks

Main activities: SWIMMING, video games (boys), changing outfits ten times a day (little girls), movies, coloring, playing, making play doh, exploring Grandma's backyard, roasting smores around the campfire, water balloons,etc. etc.

Illnesses: we all took turns having the stomach flu over a two week period (it started with Ella in Utah and spread through both sides of the family, I think she picked it up in Nursery at my in-laws ward). Sorry everyone who got to know the toilet too well.




Jelly Belly sample bar. Throw up, and booger flavored jelly beans anyone??


Family BBQ- (Scott (bro-in-law), Maran (sis), Hollie (sis), Jessica (cousin), Betty(aunt), Cortney (cousin- sorry about your hair in this pic). Ok- non cali-cousins-- check out how hot Jessica looks with her blond hair. I heard her say she lost 100lbs! Way to go Jessica!

Mom and Hailey- this was the day my mom had the stomach flu. (Hailey has "swim hair".)
The boys.
The girls. I think they are all wearing Hailey's swimsuits. Like I said, Hailey and Kamrie switched clothes ten times a day. They are such girls!
Hailey (and Kamrie) learned to dive- it was cute how determined they were.
Our kids pretty much had "swim hair" the entire time in California.


Working in Grandma's Garden.

We love our Grandpa! (swim hair again).

'Someplace Fun'. Teeny, tiny, Hannah going down the slide-- she loved it!
(Maran- I stole this from your blog. Hollie has all of the pictures from this.)

5 comments:

Donna said...

You got some great pictures, EXCEPT the one of me. Blaaa- I definitely look sick! Thank goodness the photos are unable to be enlarged.
Anyway, we did have a great time and I miss all of you. What are you doing in S. Cali?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. We wish we could have been there. Did you actually try the throw up and booger flavored Jelly Bellies? That Some Place Fun looks like something Allie would love.
I totally never would have known that was Jessica in that picture (partly because I can't enlarge it). She looks great though! And where are the photos of you?

Angela said...

It looks like fun, I can't wait to see the CA family again. Jess looks great! I never thought I would see her blond! Hope you all are doing well:)

Maran said...

You got some really cute pictures. I'm glad that we got to see you guys!

Shel said...

SUCH FUN! I am sooo super jealous!! This looks like SUCH A GREAT TIME! I dont think I could come home...ever! Love your mom's garden! It is perfect!! What a fun backyard too!