The kiddos started school on Aug 11th. They were a little nervous, because they are attending a new school (because of the move). This school is probably half a mile from their old school, but has half the amount of kids (500 total). Their old school was way over crowded last year. Hailey only has 19 kids in her first grade class, and a very sweet teacher! There are only two fourth grade teachers, whereas there were five at the old school. I think it will be a good year, they have adjusted well.
Hailey picked out her outfit.
Kaden... looking a little nervous.
First day... declared a success. Remember the "school bus" cake I made last year-- Kaden started asking about a week before school started if I was going to make a treat. I think we have a new tradition :) Does this pencil look familiar Hollie? PS. those aren't frosting smudges around the tray-- it's just a beat up tray.
And then Tuesday, Aug 12th (her 3rd birthday), Ella started preschool. What a big girl! She cried when I dropped her off, so I felt like crying. I came back a little early and observed her without her seeing me. She was having the time of her life. I could tell she felt like such a big girl. It has been almost two weeks and I can already see improvements in her. This preschool incorporates her physical and occupational therapies.
This was a busy Tuesday. Kaden had piano, and a cub scout pack meeting. He received his wolf. Good Job Bud!
The boys (meaning grown boys too) had fun launching bottle rockets.
And then we had a late night birthday party for Ella!
She got these new princess jammies from Grandpa price- she has worn them everyday since. The second she gets home from preschool, she asks to wear her "princess jammies". **********************************************************************************
On my mind...
Does anyone read Cjane (Courtney in utah) or NieNie dialogues (Stephanie in Arizona)? They are sister's that both have extremely popular blogs. I've read both blogs for about a year and a half now, and feel like I know them, even though they have no clue who I am (I'm not the only one). Stephanie (Nie Nie) and her husband were in a plane crash (small plane) last Saturday. A flight instructor was with them, and he was killed (lds father of four). They are here in Phoenix and have been badly burned - Stephanie about 80% of her body. They have four young children. When I heard the news, I couldn't sleep and shed tears on and off till 3am. Courtney is updating her blog about the situation if anyone wants to read-- it's quite inspirational. It makes me want to be a better person, my trials seem so petty compared to this. My point of sharing it here, is to get everyone I know to pray for this family too.
On my mind...
Does anyone read Cjane (Courtney in utah) or NieNie dialogues (Stephanie in Arizona)? They are sister's that both have extremely popular blogs. I've read both blogs for about a year and a half now, and feel like I know them, even though they have no clue who I am (I'm not the only one). Stephanie (Nie Nie) and her husband were in a plane crash (small plane) last Saturday. A flight instructor was with them, and he was killed (lds father of four). They are here in Phoenix and have been badly burned - Stephanie about 80% of her body. They have four young children. When I heard the news, I couldn't sleep and shed tears on and off till 3am. Courtney is updating her blog about the situation if anyone wants to read-- it's quite inspirational. It makes me want to be a better person, my trials seem so petty compared to this. My point of sharing it here, is to get everyone I know to pray for this family too.
6 comments:
The kids look great, and a little too grown up if I say so myself. Pretty soon they will be too cool for Uncle Scott, but I hope that day never comes. I am proud of them, and miss seeing you guys
Holy cow! Is Kaden in 4th grade now? Where has the time gone? I still picture him as a 1st grader. Anyhoo, they do look all grown up. And the pencil cake is cute. Your kids are so lucky to have such a creative and crafty mom.
PS I started reading Cjane's blog. That is so sad!!
Thanks for posting the cute photos of first day of school. I love them all, especially Ella who looks so proud with her backpack! I am glad they all like their new school and teachers. Sounds like it was a good move.
I was up till 2:45 AM thinking and praying for Nie Nie and her husband. Her motto for the year "Be Prepared" was so appropriate. Sounds like she and her family are spiritually prepared for the trials they are going through. They will be in my prayers. Life can change in a moment, we all need to be "prepared".
You are such a great mom! I'm going to do that for my kiddos now, what a good idea. And wat a cute cake!! You're awesome. :)
That is soooooo good that you are in a less crowded school. 19 kids in first grade is AWESOME!
Oh my... Ella looks ADORABLE with her little back pack on, all ready for school! I'm so glad she loves it, probably makes it easier on you. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY little Ella-bella! I love that she loves her princess pajamas. Haha!
Congratulations on getting your wolf Kaden! That is awesome. You are looking WAY to old in your back to school pictures.
Jen and Thayne, we miss you guys! We should get together soon. In one week, we'll be home for a couple of weeks and we should get together. Love you all!
Hi Jen,
I came across your blog and saw that Haley is in Ms. Smith's 1st grade class. That was my Megan's teacher last year. She is awesome!!! Megan & I loved her!
Tell her hi for us!
~Janice
You are such a fabulous mom! And you can tell your kids think the same thing. Keep it up!
I just found out about NieNie and I can't help but think of them constantly.
RAchel
Post a Comment