Monday, March 5, 2007

Something to look forward to

Thayne and I always said that we wanted to do something big for our tenth anniversary. Well, giving birth to Ella, four days before, was something big, but not quite what we had in mind. Sooo, we have finally made plans to do something. I am not nursing or pregnant, so this is the perfect time. We are going to an all inclusive resort in Playa del Carmen, Mexico in June (picture of the resort above) near Cancun. We will be going with Rich and Crystal, and I am very excited! They have been there before and loved it. The water is turquoise and the sand is like powder. There are also some amazing Mayan ruins nearby, underground water caves to snorkel, and much more. If any of you would like to come, you are welcome to. I think the cost is pretty good- it is about $2200 for Thayne and I. This includes airfare, six nights at a nice resort, all food and drinks, and taxes and tips. We will be sipping pina coladas on the beach!
This has motivated me to work out! I really don't want to be sitting in a bathing suit next to Crystal, looking like this - ok, it actually wouldn't matter if I lost fifty pounds, I still would not be as thin as her, it's not in the genes! Good thing she's so sweet and fun to hang with, or else I would have to hate her.
As for other news, it was a week of birthdays in our family (me-24th; Mike-25th; Jill-26th-Happy birthday Jill; Aubree-2nd; Darrin-5th; and Charmian-6th). We have had four delicious birthday dinners this past week (mine, Aubree's, a family in our ward, and Darrin's. Hailey went to another party as well). This week rivals with the end of June, beginning of July birthday week. We could be adding another cousin that week, Charmian is due July 7th, they found out it's a boy. Congratulations to James and Charm.

4 comments:

Kerrie said...

I'm so jealous! I bet it will be nice to go with someone who's been there before. Who's watching your kids? Wish we lived closer to help out.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful sounding place. Dave and I have never gone to Mexico together. That is going to happen in the not too distant future. Sounds wonderful.

Scott said...

That does sound beautiful! Scott's mom, Julia, said that she would take us to Mexico this year for vacation but I think she changed her mind because Hannah is too little to go. Who knows if we'll ever go, but it sure would be wonderful. If we had $2200 lying around we would be right there with you.

Anonymous said...

To answer Kerrie's question- we thought we'd just leave Kaden in charge. (j/k) Patricia has so kindly agreed to watch our kids. We are going to fly her down-- she at least has two other children here to do things with, and I will be putting Hailey and Kaden in a summer rec program. I worry a little about Ella, but she will probably be fine.