Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Fun Trip

We are back! We had a great time in Cali. It was a very relaxing trip. We got there at 2AM our time on Friday- mom and Dave were still up- so we wanted a tour of the house and yard! Wow! The pictures don't do it justice- it is beautiful! Our kids played in the backyard literally all day on Saturday. There are so many little places to explore. David and Jill came over later that day, so we had a yummy dinner with them. Dominic is such a cutie. He has beautiful green eyes, dark curly hair and olive skin. He's going to be a "looker" (and Samantha, too). I tell you what, this family has some good genes (ok- our spouses do, too).
Sunday we slept in (til 8AM) and went to church. We had another delicious dinner at Dad and Vickies. David and Jill came, too. Our kids enjoyed playing in their beautiful backyard as well.
Monday, Thayne went golfing and Mom, Hailey, and I hit a couple of stores (I'm sure you can guess which ones). That night we had fun sitting by the firepit. We roasted marshmallows and sang cumbaya. Ok- we didn't really sing, but even better, we sat around the fire and chatted while listening to the beautiful sounds of nature (and a couple of airplanes).
I don't want to leave this on a down note, so I won't write about the thirteen hour car ride home. A couple of hints- it involved diarrhea, road construction, a slow two laned highway, and traffic from an accident. I can't complain too much, besides a couple of "when are we going to get theres?", my children did very well. Not a single cry from Ella.
Oh and one question, why does all will power go out the door when I visit mom (like I ever have will power)? Her pantry is just too exciting. One of my favorites at her house are toasted english muffins- yum. The large Costco assortment of goodies are always enticing. Thayne and I discovered that we really like the tamales! And, the Oreo yogurt was awesome! Here are some pictures.

Ella working on her tan. Toastin' the mallows!


Happy early birthday to Hailey!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me take a guess...you went to Once Upon a Child?

Sounds like a fun trip, other than the long car ride home. Ella is growing up too fast. Her legs looks so long.

Anonymous said...

Okay, the "legs look so long" comment looks wierd. I meant to say that Ella is looking a lot taller. Your kids are so cute!

Scott said...

That's awesome that you guys had fun! I can't wait to visit Sacramento. It's been too long. And I agree with the part about mom always having good food. I look forward to going to her house because her food is delish!