Sunday, March 18, 2007

Our weekend


"Our weekend"- Friday- Chuck E. Cheese (the pizza makes you feel like "chucking"). But the kids had a blast and I had a pretty good coupon, so it was worth it. It was so cute to see Ella ride the rides. She was so excited.

Saturday was incredibly busy, we had to go to the otherside of town for some errands. The benefit to this is lunch at Cafe Rio- Yummy! The receipt prints out a free dessert coupon if you call in a survey, so we called it in while there. We ended up trying out the chocolate flan with whip cream and strawberries- DELISH! (Utahns check your receipts, Neil and Heather have been doing this for a couple of months).

That night we had a triple date with Darrin and Donae, and Neil and Heather. We went to see David Copperfield. His illusions are pretty amazing! He made a car appear from nowhere. He made members of the audience disappear. His smaller card type tricks were pretty amazing, too. The only thing I didn't like were the numerous sexual inuendos. I was glad Kaden wasn't there. He also seems pretty self absorbed, however quite witty. As for the magic- it was awesome! Afterwards, we went to the Spaghetti Factory. It was a weekend of eating out.

My kids get so excited whenever they have a babysitter. It is just soo expensive. That is why we usually switch with Neil and Heather. The going rate around here for three kids is five bucks an hour- some people pay even more! I paid 37 bucks for a babysitter last night. This is highway robbery! Man- I would have been rich making this amount. Minimum wage was only $4.25 when I babysat. I work with the young women and this is what they expect- they don't know how spoiled they are!

To change the subject- what is up with 92 degrees already? I hear this is going to be an incredibly hot summer (like 115 degrees isn't hot enough). I am not ready for this. I wish I could be a sunbird and go somewhere else for the summer. That is why we do a lot of little trips during the summer time- it is worth the money. Oh well, it has been a great five months, I just hope it cools off again.

5 comments:

Kerrie said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. They have Cafe Rio in Arizona now? I hope they come to NC soon (wishful thinking).

At least you're not living in NC where the going rate for babysitting is $9/hr for one child. We're lucky that we made friends that we have been able to switch with.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome weekend. YOu guys have such an interesting life. It is cooling off here. We are expecting rain tomorrow. Maybe it will cool off again there before summer hits.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot to say the above anonymous comment is from me:) Love yas Mom

Anonymous said...

Yes, they have a Cafe Rio in Gilbert and Scottsdale now. We like to stop there and at Nielsen's Frozen Custard. As for NC babysitting- I can see $9/hr if it is daycare, but not a twelve year old for a date night! Wow- we could never go out. They better be really involved with the kids and keep the house clean! Maybe we should move there when Hailey is a teen- she could pay for college!

Anonymous said...

Maybe paying teens is cheaper..I haven't asked about it. I just know that two different people who had me babysit their one child paid $9/hr. I had a friend who complained of someone being cheap for only paying $8/hr. Sad.