Happy 5th Birthday to my sweet Hailey Noelle! I can't believe Hailey is five. I am going to miss her when she goes to kindergarten, she has been my little buddy at home for five years (kindergarten here is full day). I do know that she is getting ready though. She is at that age where she just needs something more and always wants to be with friends.
We had a family dinner with Neil & Heather, and Darrin (Donae was sick), on Sunday. The big cookie pizza was a hit! Today we had Aubree over to play and we had a minnie birthday party. Two others were supposed to come, but I'm not sure what happened. (We threw a big party last year and we thought we would take a break this year). Hailey did some of her favorite things today. We painted nails with sparkly polish, did a craft, decorated cupcakes and played a game. Her and Aubree played "dress up" for hours.
I thought I would write a little about your personality at age five. You are a sweet little girl with an infectuous laugh. You never complain and are always excited about going places and trying new things. Your happy little spirit makes you easy to love.
You play with Aubree a couple of times a week. Surprisingly, you are usually "in charge", but you play very well and are pretty good about sharing. You love sparkly, girly things, but when Kaden is home, it is all rough and tumble play, and there are usually a few moments of teasing on both parts. You seem very coordinated and impress me with your dancing skills. You shook your hips today and it scared me for the future. (It scares me anyway, because you are so beautiful). You love preschool and dance.
You love to climb all over dad and I (and your grandpas) even if we don't want you to. I have to remind you that I am not a jungle gym. You are an affectionate little girl, and will give your heart to those who give their heart to you.
Every night around 8:15pm you are exhausted and can hardly make it through scriptures- usually you are asleep on the couch before this or during this. Some of your current favorite foods are oranges, strawberries, blueberries, and yogurt. You ask for an orange about 3-4 times a day. If I would let you, you would eat these four foods, with an occasional bowl of cereal, all day.
You can be shy, and hate it when I repeat to an adult something you said that was cute. We are not allowed to laugh at your follies (I think this was learned from your older brother). This embarasses you. Sometimes you like to pester Ella. You will lay her down and then pull her up, over and over, as if she is a rag doll. She starts to screech and say "no" and I usually have to tell you to stop (a couple of times and then threaten a time out). This is when you are in one of those, "I need attention moods". This is not the norm, most of the time you are obedient, helpful, and kind.
I feel blessed to be your mother. You are a very special spirit, who was preserved for these times. You are a blessing to our family- we all love you very dearly. Love, Mom
Also, if anyone is still reading, I wanted to remind you that Ella has her MRI on Friday. Could you please keep her in your prayers? I am sure everything will be fine, but it is always a little worrisome when she goes under anesthesia. I'll let everyone know how it goes. And by the way, the weather cooled back down to the 70's and actually rained for two days straight-- it was very nice!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday to Hailey!!! She is soooo beautiful. I would be worried about her, too. I wish strawberries and blueberries and oranges were my favorite food. Unfortunately, it's pizza and hamburgers. I am glad that she had a wonderful birthday!!!
Happy Birthday! That was a sweet letter. I can't believe she is five. That means I'll have been out of college for 5 years this April. Time sure flies. Hailey is gorgeous! Your house is beautiful too.
I already put on a comment but it didn't show up. Hailey is gorgeous just like her mom. She is a sweetheart too. I'm happy she had such a fun day. Hard to believe she will be in kindergarten. Sort of bittersweet, huh? Mom
Post a Comment