Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Ella's MRI

I meant to blog earlier, but have been waiting to see if I could get a picture of Ella in the hospital, off of my camera phone. For some reason, the computer won't let me download. Oh well, it is kind of a sad picture anyway because she is hooked up to I.V.'s.
The MRI went well. We had to get up early- so Hailey spent the night at Aubree's and Kaden went to a friends house at 6AM. Ella was a little crabby-- she was probably still tired and hungry. We ended up waiting for the anesthesiologist for a while. It turned out to be the same anesthesiologist that did her eye surgery. He's either Austrailian or British (sad that we couldn't tell- I say Australian, Thayne thought British- I see a bet coming on). Anyways, this guy is real friendly, pats your back, gives Ella kisses- acts like he really cares, very nice guy. For both the surgery and this, we gave Ella a kiss good bye and off she went. We went and ate breakfast and then we waited in a waiting room. It's obviously pretty hard to start an I.V. on Ella, because she ends up with all these bruises on her arms from where they tried. For her surgery they ended up putting one in her foot, this time it ended up in her neck! Poor baby! When I went into the post surgery room, she was kind of laying her head on it, so I moved her head the other way and noticed the I.V. was all bloody. Anyways, I think it is more traumatic for me than for Ella. She doesn't seem to remember. She ended up sleeping until 5pm that day. I finally woke her so that she would eat.
As for the results, we just got a call today and.... everything looks perfectly normal!! Yeah! We are very glad for this result. I think I do want to take her back to the eye doctor and ask some more questions (she is due for an appointment anyways). In the future we can do some genetic testing. I think we will just really work on getting her to move more. Now that she can get herself into sitting position from laying down, the second I put her on her stomach, she sits back up. She absolutely will not crawl. She does scoot herself on her bum. I personally would rather just go for the walking. The therapists say that crawling is where they build their arm muscles, but I just don't think she is going to do it. Other mothers have told me their kids never crawled and went straight to walking and they were fine. Anyways, keep her in your prayers. It would be nice to get her walking by two.... for me and for her (my shoulder is messed up from carrying her everywhere).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! That's great news! That would be hard to see your baby with a bloody IV in the neck. I'm glad it went well though. I've been meaning to call you about it but we had a busy weekend and now Allie has the stomach flu.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the MRI results are normal. That is wonderful news. I agree with you about the crawling. Peg says tht Meredith never crawled and she walks fine. Lets keep praying that she is walking or at least taking steps on her own by two years. She can do it! MOM

Scott said...

I am glad to hear that news!! We will continue to pray for her. I know she will be walking by two years. That is so sad that they had to stick an IV in her neck. I had a hard time with the one in my wrist. I'm glad everything turned out great, though.