Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter Y'all! (The kids are a little squinty, and I didn't realize Hailey's dress was so loose on top- whoops).
I just thought this was cute so I had to post it. ( Pretty dresses--Costco only $15).


We had a great Easter. Church was great- I loved all of the lessons and talks on Christ. We hosted Easter dinner at our house and we all gorged ourselves. Wish you all could be here. Neil and Heather, Rich and Crystal, and Darrin came. Darrin announced that Donae is pregnant, which we kind of figured out since she has been sooo sick lately. She was home vomiting- poor thing. Congrats to them- we are very excited for them!


We watched "The Testaments". The ending always makes me cry. I love it when I see my kids feel the spirit. (Although Hailey kept whispering to me, "That doesn't look like Jesus." I somewhat agree with her- I picture him more manly looking than the actor who played him).


We had a little night time Easter egg hunt. Of course Kaden had about twenty eggs in his basket, whereas Aubree had three. Last year they were each assigned a color so it was more even. Kaden was going to give up some of his eggs, but I don't think anyone cared at that point-- the girls were candied out. Andrew, however, has a sweet tooth like Kaden.


Yesterday, Thayne took Kaden and Hailey to the city Easter egg hunt, while Ella napped. I had to get up at 5am for a YW camp hike, so I was tired too. Later, we made sugar cookies and dyed some eggs as well. Fun times.
Have a great week!





5 comments:

Jake said...

Oh my goodness, those pictures are adorable. Ella has the cutest smile! And Hailey looks like a supermodel. Kaden is a handsome fella as well. Sounds like you guys had a great day. Wish we could have been there.

Scott said...

Your kids are so adorable. I love Ella's darling smile as well. Your kids always have the cutest clothes. Where do you buy them at?

Anonymous said...

Oops, that last comment was from me. And congrats to Darrin and Donae! How exciting!

Anonymous said...

What a darling photo. Ella has the sweetest smile. Sounds like you guys had a great Easter. Where did you get the Testament from? I love that film. Mom

Anonymous said...

Maran- There are only four stores in Surprise for clothes- Target, Kohls, Walmart, and Ross. The majority of them come from the Target clearance rack. Every now and then I go to the Kid 2 Kid in Scottsdale (a ritzy part of town), however they are sometimes well priced and sometimes over priced. Hannah always looks adorable too. And mom- The Testaments is now on DVD, you can get it at the Distribution Center (probably online) for like $5.