I will miss you

I feel like I've lost a close and personal friend. I've had a tear stained face for most of last night and parts of today as I read tributes to President Hinckley. (President and Prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints). Some are happy tears, thinking of his sweet reunion in heaven....especially with his sweet wife. Can you just picture it? Actually, I'm sure his welcome home was beyond our human comprehension. I'm sure even his final moments on earth, surrounded by his children, was such a spiritual experience. His whole life was a spiritual experience.
The other tears are because I will miss his optimism and humor. I will miss his love and encouragement. His dedication and hard work. Thayne and I stayed up til midnight, listening to KSL via the internet. They said he worked til the very end, and actually spoke at the state capitol on Friday. He was the first to arrive everyday and usually the last to leave. What an amazing man. I know he did not like adulation, but it's hard not to love and adore him. I am just one of the millions mourning his loss, yet rejoicing in his return home.
This picture brings tears to my eyes. It was taken at his wifes funeral.
"When in some future day the hand of death gently touches one or the other of us, there will be tears, yes," said son Clark B. Hinckley, reading a letter his father wrote his mother after nearly 60 years of marriage. "But there will also be a quiet and certain assurance of reunion and eternal companionship."
I love you President Hinckley. 'Til we meet again.
5 comments:
I've been holding back tears all day. The picture of him at Sister Hinckley's funeral made me cry. The rest of the world has no idea of who they have lost.He was their Prophet as well. I love him and will be forever grateful that I lived during his time of tenure as President and Prophet of the Church.I can't say enough good about him.
I'm officially weeping now. I couldn't fall asleep last night because my brain would not shut off and Pres. Hinckley's death was definitely on my mind. I have many great memories of him but my favorite was when I was able to go to General Conference and at the end he pretended to sword fight the guard with his cane as he left the stage. What a great man he was!
What a wonderful man he is. General Conference won't be the same without him. I knew his time was coming, but it still seems so abrupt. He certainly has touched so many lives and will continue to touch many lives for years to come. I'm sure there is a joyous reunion in heaven right now.
Thank for the wonderful tribute to our beloved prophet Jennifer. I truly felt how much you loved him. He was a great man and will be missed.
I was pushing back the tears all day too. Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts.
Vickie
Ok Jen, thanks for making me cry! Just when I thought I pulled it together, I watched the video again on my blog and then read this on yours. I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything you wrote here....it is perfect. Thanks for sharing it, you are the best!
Post a Comment