Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I'M BACK.

I know, I know- you have all been dying in suspense, wondering when I was going to blog again. Notice I started to blog on the 9th, it is now the 14th. (Happy Birthday two days ago David).
I thought I would share some of our Christmas pictures. So be prepared to see lots of the same types of pictures, ie; kids opening presents. We had a blast in California. It's funny how it can be so relaxing for me, yet so tiring at the same time. I love not having to worry about a schedule or daily responsibilities. We kind of just wake up and say, what should we do today? How about hang out in our sweats, don't shower til 2pm (if at all), eat breakfast at 10AM (ok that was just me, thank you Thayne for getting up many of the mornings with Ella. It pays off in some ways to have a hubby who can't keep his eyes open past 9pm, for a wife who can't shut them till past 1AM when on vacation). Eat lunch at 3pm and dinner at 8pm, and a million snacks in between. Play games, play darts, watch movies, shop, go out to eat, and laugh a lot-- these are some of my favorite things to do with my family! We love and miss you all!
We missed you Stevens family! I noticed my kids fought a little more with each other this trip, probably because they were missing the constant companionship of the Stevens.

These first pictures are Christmas at Dad and Vickies. I'm sure you could've guessed that by this beautiful display of goodies! YUMMY! Thank goodness we don't have goodies like that all year long or I would be 300lbs. Dinner was amazing as usual- thanks Vickie!









This is what Grandpas are for.






Hannah was so excited about something. She is such a doll!

You could never tell that Kerrie is pregnant in this pic-- ok supermodel.

Mini-David and Mini-me. (except Sam is a lot prettier and Hailey too- no offense David.)




Christmas Eve at the park.


Kaden kept asking me to take his picture in front of the ducks. This is how he posed. What a stud-muffin.

Christmas morning at Grandma and Grandpa D's. Love how mom and Dave look half asleep in the background.



Santa was nice. A little side note about Hailey. Usually, the minute she wakes up, she gets dressed. This is why she is wearing jeans in this Christmas morning picture. She also does not like to wear sweat pants or comfy pants- it has to be jeans or something that SHE thinks is cute. She does not take after her mother.




And sadly, after this my camera battery died, so I did not get any pictures of my fabulous cousins, aunts, and uncles.
Thank you mom for hosting us. Your house feels so homey. Thanks for all the wonderful meals, etc etc- we love you.
Maybe I'll do a New Year's post in February- he he.

6 comments:

Hollie said...

Aaaahhh! I really should have skipped over this. What a fabulous Christmas. I'm not sure when we get to see you all again. I hope it is soon. We sure missed everyone.

Donna said...

We did have a wonderful time with all. I am so glad you feel comfy at our new home. I worried at first that you guys would have a hard time adjusting after twenty years in the other house. Oh, thanks for the picture of my huge wrinkled forehead sticking out of my blankie. Next time I'll just cover my head entirely. :)

Anonymous said...

Kaden looks like a teenager in some of these pictures. He's getting so old. How's Ella doing with her walking? We had such a good time with you guys. We are excited to see you again....whenever that may be.

Shel said...

Jen, you are model! You look awesome in them all too...I love the one with you holding Ella at the park. I;ve officially decided that I want to be in your family! Your description of days is SOOO MEE! And we are twins...because my camera battery did the exact same thing on vacation! So Sad!!

JIll said...

It was so good to see you guys.Sam loves looking at your blog and saying "there is Hailey,Kaden,and Allie".2 out of 3 not so bad, she is a work in progress.We hope to see you in the summer time!

Kerrie said...

Ha, that's too funny that you label me a supermodel in that picture. I must admit,however, that picture does well for me(except for those bright white socks with black pants, very classy)...I can only say that because I KNOW that I did not look that small. And yes, I'll be saving that picture onto my computer:). Unfortunately, I came home from that trip 5 pounds heavier (and that wasn't from the baby). Anyway, I'm so glad you guys made the trip to CA. We loved playing games with you, shopping and pigging out. BTW, I LOVE that picture of Ella. She is a doll!