Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes......

Thought I would post a couple of recent conversations I've had with my kids, before I forget them. (They aren't necessarily funny, but show their personalities.)

We were traveling in the van the other day and a shiny red car pulled in front of us.

Hailey: Mom, I really want a red car.

Me: Why do you want a red car?

Hailey: Because red cars drive faster.

Me: Oh really?

Hailey: Yes. Can we crash this car and get a red one?

Kaden cracks me up when he tries to use big words. Sometimes he's right on and surprises us with his knowledge, sometimes he is a little off. Here are a few examples.

Kaden: Man, I feel hot right now....... Is it just me or do you think it's global warming?
--------------------------------------------------

While watching princess diaries. Princess Mia says something like, "...........so I could turn my thoughts into actions."

Kaden: PFFft! Doesn't she know that thoughts ARE actions.

Me: They are?

Kaden: Yes mom,(duh) thoughts are mental verbs.

Me: thinking really hard about that. (I think thoughts are a noun. To think is a verb???- see I still don't know, I'll have to google it.)
--------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday we went to Chuck E. Cheese. The kids had just swapped tickets for prizes.

Thayne (in cheerful voice): Kaden, what prizes did you pick out?

Kaden: Just a bunch of useless toys.

------------------------------------------------------
Kadens' soccer coach was giving his team an overly enthusiastic pep talk, telling them how great they were.
Kadens' response to the coach: "Are you being sarcastic?"
Kadens' coach started to laugh and the other players start asking, "what does sarcastic mean?"
--------------------------------------------------------
Kaden also cracks me up with his prayers. They can be very long and thoughtful, but sometimes funny. I usually have to bite my lip as not to laugh. An example of something he has said: " We thank thee very much for Adam's transgression."
I have never thought to be thankful for this, but I guess I wouldn't be here if it weren't for his transgression.




6 comments:

JIll said...

That is too funny!Kids and what they say, you never know what is going to come out of their mouths.I think that one about the red car is a classic!

Shel said...

Ditto to the one above me! I was laughing my head off at all of these! Your kids are too cute and too funny Jen! I Love them!

Donna said...

That was hilarious. I was laughing so hard at some of Kaden's words. He is too smart for his age! I wish I had recorded some of the things you guys said at that age. I especially loved the one about the useless toys and being sarcastic. Too funny. :)

Anonymous said...

Those are hilarious! I can't wait for Allie to start surprising me with some funny sayings. Kaden is definitely a smart cookie.

Anonymous said...

Kaden is very smart! Does he learn these words from you? I wonder where Hailey learned that red cars are fast.....probably from TV. We can switch cars if you want!

Hollie said...

These are so funny! I had to show Jarin and we were laughing out loud as we read them together. I can't believe how smart Kaden is. He reminds me of you with your natural smartness. (Is that a word?--I'll have to ask Kaden.)