Sunday, September 16, 2007

Camping

From this....

to this.... Beeeeeauuuuutiful!!!
Arizona's high country is gorgeous! The cactus is pretty too, but sometimes I just want some greenery! We went camping in Payson, AZ over Labor day weekend. It's about an hour and forty five minutes away. There's also a Heber, Arizona nearby....Utahns, do those names sound familiar? There's lots of pioneer history in Arizona.
I looove being outdoors with my kids. They played for hours and hours, just exploring and using their imaginations. This creek was about 1/4 mile from our camping spot. It was so fun to hike and play in. Ella loved to throw rocks into the water.
The log we are sitting on was about 100 feet long. This provided a lot of entertainment for the kiddies.
This is one of Donae's nephews. The McCracken's are a fun family to hang out with. The only problem with me and camping is sleep, of course. I curse the bad sleep genes!!!! It is still worth going. Everytime we go camping we try to pick up one more camping item. This time we hit Cabela's the night before and bought ourselves a Dutch oven. I must say, I made an AWESOME peach crisp--- yummmy!

5 comments:

Hollie said...

Wow! It's hard to believe that there's a place like that in Arizona. Was it cooler there? It looks relaxing and like lots of fun.

Anonymous said...

MMMmmm, I love dutch oven cooking. One of these days I'll have to buy a dutch oven. That place looks beautiful. I'm amazed at the things you do with your kids. I haven't taken Allie camping yet and don't plan too for quite awhile. It just seems like it would be more work than fun. Where does Ella sleep and does she sleep through the night when you camp?

Anonymous said...

You are always going on fun trips/vacations. Can I live with you guys??? I'm glad you guys had fun camping. Scott and I have only been camping once since we've been married. I love it, though, and wish we could go more often.

Donna said...

Wow, I didn't realize Az. had such beautiful country. You guys have sweaters on so it must be cool up there too. Now there's something to put on your Christmas list, camping items ay? We look forward to seeing you guys next week. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's much cooler up there. It's a very mountainous area and it snows in the winter. It was beautiful over Labor day. I was thinking this spot would be a fun place to camp with our whole family- so everybody book your flights so we can go camping....j/k.
Ella actually does very well sleep wise. That's why we can do all of these little trips. We have a big tent, so we just bring a port-a- crib. She went down without a peep at 7pm and didn't wake until 7:30am. However, camping with a two year old that does not walk is a different story. Thayne had to carry her or put her in the hiking back pack.