Dear Kaden,
I thought I would describe a little of your personality at age eight. I cant believe my precious first born is eight years old!
Kaden, Kaden, Kaden, where do I begin? You are so full of personality it's hard to contain it in that little body. I think your spirit just wants to jump around! Ever since you could walk you have been bouncing off the walls. The only time you sit still is when you are playing a video game. Even if you are watching a movie you are jumping off the couch or doing a round off every two minutes. You have never been interested in toys, except board games. You would much prefer to throw the toys into the air or kick them. This is why sports equipment is always good for you. (Although, right now you are into Pokemon cards).
You are a very quick learner. Since, preschool I have never had to work with you on anything you are learning. Whenever I have sat down to quiz you on something you already know it. If you need to memorize something, it is usually done before I even test you. We have never once studied for a spelling test, and you have gotten 100% on all of them. You do very well in math and reading. You scored a 98% on all subjects on the terra nova national test. The only things your teachers and I worry about, is that you aren't challenged enough, and that you don't take your time. You seem to be in a big hurry. I think this years teacher, Mrs. Lucas, is going to be great for you.
You love to have the attention, especially among your friends and when we have guests over. Most kids your age think you are quite funny and they vie for your attention. I had a meeting here Sunday, and it was impossible for you not to come downstairs and be part of the action. We finally settled on you being the door answerer. You love to be around people.
You are a very sensitive little boy. You get your feelings hurt and let us know. You are slowly learning how to deal with this. The good side to this is you have a lot of compassion for people. We were watching "The new Johnny Lingo" movie and you cried (quite hard) when Johnny Lingo died.
You love to touch, kiss, pinch, smother etc, etc, your little sister. First, you did this to Hailey, now you do it to Ella. I have asked you why you do this. You said, "they're just so cute. I can't help it."
You have a horrible sweet tooth, but only on sweets that don't contain fruit. We are working on not sneaking food. You are very picky when it comes to food. You do not like fruit, except for baby food and apples dipped in caramel. You like salad, carrots, broccoli, and corn (usually) with caesar vinaigrette dressing. You do like meats like chicken or beef dipped in A1 sauce. You love deli sandwiches from Mr. Goodcents or subway type restaurants. Every day after school you ask for cheese or peanut butter popcorn, or crackers. If I make a meal you don't like (which is most of the time) you always let me know. We have a rule that you at least have to try it. It takes much reminding of the rules, and then threatening before you will try a new food. Sometimes it surprises you that you like it... then you don't want to admit it.
You can be such a sweet, thoughtful little boy. You love your grandparents and your cousins dearly.
Kaden, I see you in the future as a bright leader. Dad said this during your baby blessing. I think he was inspired. I can see now that you are a leader among your peers. You would love to lead us. I hope that we can teach you how to be a righteous leader and a good example to others, because you could be a great influence to your peers.
I love you very much and am soo grateful that you are my son!
Love,
Mom
**Also, there is a birthday party blog below.
**Also, there is a birthday party blog below.
5 comments:
OK, pass the kleenex. What can I say, only to add that we love him dearly. When he was a baby, Grandpa LOVED to make him laugh because he laughed so easily and had a deep belly laugh. I remember taking him to a pizza place in Laguna and he was laughing so hard that other customers had to come over and see who was doing it. Happy birthday buddie. We love you and are proud of you. Grandma and Grandpa D
What a sweet letter (I almost started to get teary-eyed). Happy birthday Kaden!! I wish we could be there for your baptism. It will be a very special day. We love you!
A smart, sensitive, and handsome leader. I'll vote for Kaden for President!
Are you sure you weren't talking about Taylor? They sound so much alike. We sure love you Kaden. My boys miss you terribly. Dallin always says he wants to move to Arizona (I think because he wants to be near his cuz).
What a beautiful letter.Happy Birthday Kaden!!!!Samantha misses you.She always ask about you?When ever I mention cousins your name always comes up!
Post a Comment