I thought I'd do a little post about my calling, since it is such a big part of my life (and has been for 8 years!). I go through phases when I think I'm ready to have a calling that doesn't require as much time, but then I think how much I love these kids! These kids make me realize that the future is bright. They are not perfect (who is?), but they amaze me at times with the things they have to deal with, and they remain strong. They seem so much smarter to me about the gospel, than I was at their age.
Another perk to this calling is the awesome leaders and friends I get to work with! We have alot of fun together, and I think I would miss that. Here are some pictures of my Wednesday night. I was in charge of the combined activity. We did a service scavenger hunt, and met at my house before and after. It's true when they say that people like to congregate in the kitchen. I think I had about 45 people standing in my kitchen area. With youth the volume is LOUD! Everyone is in competition to be the funniest or coolest. Needless to say my house was loud, although that's not much different from the norm!
Saturday, August 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You have a lot of YW/YM in your ward! I didn't realize you've been working with young women for 8 years. That's a long time! But you are so cool and fun to be with that you are perfect for the calling.
Looking at those pics make me miss working with the youth. I enjoy my primary calling while my kids are young. I hope to be called back to the Young Women's when they are teenagers. It looks like a whole lot of fun at your house!
Wow, thats alot of youth in your kitchen! You have a big kitchen thank goodness. Your talent obviously lies with the teenager age group. I feel more comfy with Primary. Looks like they are definitely having fun and very loud. Is that a Costco cake I see?
I used to love going to the combined activities when I was in youth! It was always fun to flirt with the boys. I think it would be fun to work with the youth now but I suppose single adults are pretty close.
Post a Comment