As for now-- we are back in the swing of things! Hailey started Kindergarten today and Kaden started third grade. It was a bitter-sweet moment dropping my kids off today. I am excited about Kaden's teacher-- she seems really good. Hailey, however, got the one teacher (out of 6) that I didn't really want..... at first. I have now met her and talked with some other mother's who said their kids loved her. She seemed really sweet to the kids today. The only reason I didn't want her is because she is very strict- which is fine with me, but I want her to be fun and nurturing as well. She claims she is (via her letter to the parents). We shall see.
After school-- looking all flushed face from walking home in 109 degrees! And my very homeade looking "back to school bus cake". My kids thought this was the most awesome thing. (I just need to provide a lot of junk food and Kaden thinks I am awesome--- sad, yes....... but true.)
One more tidbit of info. I ran upstairs while Ella was playing in the family room today, to grab an outfit for her and brush my teeth. I took about 2-3 minutes and headed for the staircase. There was Ella, sitting in the upstairs hall. I gasped, out of shock, and then second guessed myself- "Did I bring her up here?" No- I did not, she climbed the entire staircase! I guess I am going to have to watch her more closely now--- - I am so thankful for that.
5 comments:
Hurray for Hailey and Kaden starting school and hurray for Ella climbing the stairs! She has learned how to crawl and almost walk within just a couple of months. Good for her!! Your cake looks delicious. Great job on making that!
Wow, I guess Ella learned a bunch from her cousins this summer. Thats amazing! Kaden and Hailey look so cute in their uniforms. Did you show them your photo of your first day in school? You look just like Hailey. I already miss you guys. Love ya Mom
That bus cake is awesome! What a cute idea! I may have to steal that idea in a few years.
How wonderful that Ella climbed the staircase! She definitely has no problem getting around now. It was so good to see you guys! Wish we could have seen Thayne too...maybe at Christmas time.
We'll be following suit here in a few days. How did you make that cake? My kids say they would like one too. Way to go Ella! She is picking up on things so quickly.
Nice cake Jen!! I am going to steal that idea next year.I bet the kids will always remember that cake.Good job Ella!!!You are going to be running around in no time at all!
Post a Comment