Monday, September 14, 2009

Trip #3

Utah pretty much means cousin fun.  We do this trip every summer and my kids have a blast and always ask if we can move to Utah.  We are usually exhausted after this trip because we go from house to house non-stop.  At least I am usually exhausted………. just ask me about my trip home, without Thayne again, tears flowing as we ate McDonalds yogurt parfaits for breakfast.  I was operating on no sleep, and heard a woman say in Spanish to her co-worker, “Mira, mira la chiquita!” (Look, look at that little girl!) as she looked toward Ella.  Usually I can brush that off……. just follow us anywhere and you will see the stares and snickers.….but this time I almost said something back to her in Spanish.  Instead I bit my tongue, put on my sun glasses and let the tears flow.  I could literally feel my exhaustion. My poor kids kept asking what was wrong…Kaden offered me his hot chocolate he was drinking in 110 degree Nevada weather. 

Ok- that last paragraph took a different turn.  The trip was actually a lot of fun, and I look forward to it every year!  My kid’s  play outside most of the time, something they couldn’t do in Phoenix.

 

IMG_2570  

Playin’ games.

IMG_2567

My sweet sis-in-law, Charmian.

IMG_2547

Brooke just turned 12 in June and she is 5’5'’ tall! 

IMG_2531

Christensen cousin’s with a few parents.

  IMG_2537

 

IMG_2683

 

IMG_2684

Fourth of July with cousins, and cousin’s cousins.

 

IMG_2720

Hailey and Mikaela (sp?), the newest Christensen.  Hailey was in heaven and rocked her to sleep.

IMG_2693

Poor Thayne usually get’s his birthday thrown in with all the festivities.  This year his mom watched Ella, and Hollie watched Kaden and Hailey.  We were able to make a day of it. We went to the temple, out to lunch, up to park city, out to dinner with his sis and hubs, and then back to his mom’s house for cake.  I think it was a good birthday for him.

     

IMG_2743

Cutie pie Hannah is now a big sister of twins.

I ended up staying in Utah an extra week, hoping that my baby sister would have her twins.  They were stinkers and I  ended up missing their births by a few days.3854161301_fa9cfd70ca3854166361_da3020fc1a

Aren’t they adorable!  My cousin Angela took these pictures.  I can’t wait to see them in October.

 

 

 

7 comments:

Gardner Family said...

What a fun trip. Too bad it ended on a sour note.

Okay--those babies are so precious. It makes me so sad that Violet is growing up. I wish she were that tiny again.

Beautiful family you have.

Maran said...

Oh, that makes me sad and mad that those ladies said anything about Ella. I just love that little girl.

I love the pictures too. I'm so sad that you missed my babies' birth. You'll see them soon though if you come to their blessing;)

Donna said...

So glad to see your posting of Trip #3. These are such fun times for your kids, they will always remember these times with their cousins. You are so very brave to take them by yourself. It breaks my heart to hear about the words and looks towards Ella. People are ignorant and judgemental. If they knew her story it would be looks of love and concern.We pray for Ella daily. Looking forward to seeing you in Utah for the blessing. Those babies are adorable and I miss them already.

Heather said...

I have enjoyed all of your trip updates and all of the cute pictures!

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

I love the picture of your family on the bridge. You are ALL beautiful!!!

kerrie said...

It looks like you had a very fun trip...I wish we could have been a part of it. I miss Utah in the summer. I haven't been in 3 years. Mom's comment on judgmental people is dead on. I'm really working on trying not to judge people because you never know what they are going through. Anyway, I love Ella...she is definitely a special girl. I wish we lived closer so Allie and she can be friends.