Does it seem like everybody is blogging less and less these days? I know I have. I was looking through my archives and noticed the first year I blogged 58 times, 2nd year- 39 times, this year 9 times.
Since I am horrible about journal writing and scrapbooking, this is pretty much it. So, for my kid’s sake- I am going to recap my summer. Here goes.
I like to fill my summer with travel, in other words, get out of the blazing hot phoenix sun, so here is trip #1.
Trip to Northern California- June 2009. This was my very first 11 hour road trip by myself with the kiddos. It wasn’t too bad…there was only one shameful moment.
Picture me suddenly realizing I’m in the wrong lane and need to QUICKLY cross three lanes of L.A. traffic because the freeway I’m on is turning into another freeway. Kaden and Hailey are out of there seat belts (which they never are) and fighting over the DVD player.
Me saying, “Guys, you need to sit down and get buckled quick!”
Fight, whine, fight.
“Be quiet, and get buckled guys!”.
Fight, screech in my ear, fight some more.
Me: “SHUT UP and SIT DOWN, NOW!”
It worked. And I have been reminded ever since, that mom said, “Shut up”. Good times.
I arrived in Elk Grove just in time for my niece’s “Fun in the Sun” birthday party. It was so cute I had to take pictures. The food was fantastic. Jill did a big taco/burrito/nacho bar. She made the Cafe Rio pork and cilantro lime dressing if anyone wanted to make a salad…yum!
Jill is so talented…she made everything including the cake and cookies. So good.
The birthday girl jumping into the pool. This is my mom’s awesome backyard.
We had lot’s of fun hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa Price in their gorgeous backyard as well.
Gorgeous garden. I want to do this.
Off to the Sacramento Zoo and movies with grandpa.
Lot’s of cousin fun. There are so many new parks in EG. It was fun to visit a few of them.
And then we waited for almost two hours in a deceiving line (Disney is good at that), in the hot sun, for the “Disney Christmas Carol” train that has been traveling the country. It was promoting a new movie coming out with Jim Carrey.
Next trip coming soon! I know you can hardly contain the excitement.
4 comments:
shut up is good compared to what i would have said!! you are a good mom and very brave to drive that far w/out another adult. hope you guys are doing good and tell hailey hi from kiley..she misses her!
Hello there! It's been awhile. Sounds like a really fun trip- let us know if you're out this way again. The boys are enjoying their 2nd week of 5th grade.
Hooray for an update! Jill went all out on Sam's birthday. The cake and cookies look amazing. Wish we could have been in Sacramento at the same time.
What a cool party. And it looks like it was so beautiful everywhere you went. Not like the brown dustbowl we live in.
Glad you're blogging again.
Post a Comment