Kerrie blogged about this, we all went boating, out to lunch, and then to a UNC soccer game. It was soo fun. It made me want to be back in college, or at least near a college town. Kerrie made an awesome chicken alfredo dinner-- yummy!
On Friday, we left NC and headed back to Maryland. We stopped along the way in Petersburg, Virginia at a very cool civil war site. There was a museum there, an original tobacco plantation that housed the confederate army during the civil war, and actual bunkers all along the landscape, where part of the war was fought.
This was the slave quarters.
<--
This was in the museum, where they give you MP3 players that activate as you walk around different displays. ---->
Saturday, we went to Washington DC with our friends. You could actually spend days here, with all of the museums and sites, but we had one day and we didn't want to pay a $30 per person tour bus fee with all of the kids, so we walked the entire time. We pretty much walked for six hours straight. It was a very neat experience.
The world war II memorial. -->
The Washington Monument.
The kids looking at the white house.
The steps to the Lincoln Memorial.
This was near the Vietnam wall. That's Christian, Kaden,
Matthew, Alexa, and Hailey.
The White House. Can you see the two guys standing at the top? I guess there is always someone up there. It was funny to hear the kids conversations all day. Kaden said, "Look it's President Bush on top of the White House. I think he is sun tanning."
Below are some pictures of the DC temple. It is beautiful! I love the wooded area all around it too. It was a great way to end our trip!

This is the view from the freeway. You come around a curve and it's right in front of you. It is especially awesome to see when it is lit up.
I'll have to post the first few days later and Kaden's baptism :)
4 comments:
Wow, awesome photos especially of the temple. I love the one of Kaden and Hailey dressed in civil war gear. How neat. I've never been there and lived so close! So happy that you had such a great time. Love ya
I agree, those temple shots are awesome! We'll have to go to Petersburg one of these days. The East is so rich in history I hope we can take advantage of it while we are out here (and maybe, just maybe, it will help me become a better trivial pursuit player).
We had so much fun with you guys. I am so glad you were able to come out and visit.
Looks like a lot of fun! Someday Scott and I will take a visit out there as well. I am so jealous of all the fun things that you and Thayne get to do every year. My goal is to be like that when we are more settled.
Looks like so much fun. You guys really know how to live the life.
Post a Comment