Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Vacation in pictures


Is it really January? I don't know what happened this year, but December was a whirlwind. For the first time ever, I did not get Christmas cards out. Thank you to everyone who sent them to us-- we love getting them. I'll have to make sure I send them out early next year, so we don't get crossed off the list.


Also, for the first time ever, we had absolutely no family around on Christmas Eve/Day. We decided it is getting really hard to pack up our entire Christmas...... but we did miss our families. However, we traveled to Utah on the 26th, and were able to see most of them.. so that was awesome....and made it feel like we had an extended Christmas.




We got together with a few families (who were also family-less) on Christmas Eve. It was great food, folks, and fun!

Our combined family version of the Nativity... love the "Arthur" donkey.


Christmas Morning... man, why didn't I invent Webkins? Kaden was super excited to get the Wii (finally).
Trip to Utah... fun at Hollie and Jarin's house.



Sledding in Saratoga Springs. This isn't the best picture, but I thought it showed how "frozen" Utah was. Even Utah lake was iced over. Hailey and Kamrie accidently hit a man-made sledding jump the first time down. They flew in the air and scratched there faces a bit. They were troopers though, and got back on.

Thayne's family (cousins, aunts, uncles etc.) had a reunion at Aspen grove. It was great! If anyone needs to plan a winter family reunion this place was cheap (winter rates) and fun! It helped that the weather was awesome.

Thayne and his brother John. My kids love uncle John.



Views from Aspen Grove... beautiful! And Hailey and Aubree's (albino) snowman, that they built in grandma's backyard.




The chilrins.... Kaden has very chapped lips.

Sledding with cousins at Aspen Grove. They seriously did this for three hours, and were back out the next day. They loved going down holding hands in a circle. Thank goodness for high energy teenagers (and uncle mike and high energy grandma) who helped out the whole time.
And this is what the stomach flu looks like on a ten hour car ride home. Why do we always get the stomach flu when we go to Utah? Sorry, if we passed this on guys.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Looks like lot of fun (except the flu :o(!) I love Aspen Grove, I've been there a few times in the summer.

Anonymous said...

Wow, those tubes are awesome. Wish they were around when I was younger. Aspen Grove looks like an awesome place for a family reunion. Its beautiful. And poor Kaden, yuk. How I hate the stomach flu. It always comes when families are together at reunions! A nasty intruder. Loved seeing you all.

Anonymous said...

All those snow pictures are actually making me miss snow...I didn't that was possible. However, I don't think I went sledding once the entire 7 years that I actually lived in Utah. I'm glad you guys had a great trip. Wish we could have been there.

Hollie said...

We loved having you come and visit. It sure was fun! Aspen Grove looked like loads of fun too! Sorry Kaden and Ella got sick while you were here. So far none of us got it. Phew!

Maran said...

Aspen Grove does look like a lot of fun! We should do that one year! Poor Kaden. Every time the family gets together someone gets sick.

Gardner Family said...

Your pictures turned out so nice and crisp. What a fun trip!