Friday, December 5, 2008

Updates on Ella




I am once again petitioning your prayers. Also, if anyone is fasting this Sunday... would you mind including Ella in your fast? After another three month wait, we finally returned to our endocrinologist today. I was very glad Thayne joined me, because I have been emotional about Ella lately. The second they weighed her, I started to tear up. She has gained 15 more lbs since May. What three year old gains 15lbs in 6 months??-- that makes it more than 25lbs in one year. This is HEARTBREAKING to me, to see my baby gain uncontrollably and not be able to do anything for her. There is absolutely no way she is eating the amounts of calories it takes to gain this much weight.

The good news is that the endocrinologist felt our pain. She sat with us for thirty minutes discussing everything and anything. She wants to re-do the MRI, and focus in on the Thalamus and Pituitary. She wants to test and retest (using different methods) some genetic diseases, and may refer us to a geneticist. She will also do all of the basic testing and some more indepth testing related to the pituitary (which 70% of ONH kids have issues with).

Here's to hoping. I am hopeful that we will figure this out. I am also grateful........ grateful to be Ella's mom. When Thayne gave her a baby blessing, he mentioned that Ella will have many trials. My sister-in-law and I gasped.....thinking, who says that in a baby blessing? As any mom knows, when your child suffers, you do to. I hope and pray that I will be the best mom to Ella that I can be. I know that she has been given to our family for a special purpose-- this was also revealed in a blessing. I am thankful to Thayne for honoring the priesthood....what a blessing this is to our home. I testify to you that it is real.

And to my Mom- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love you. Thanks for always being there for me.

10 comments:

Shel said...

Oh Jennifer...make me cry. You HAVE to know that you are thee greatest mom. ALl of us will easily keep reminding you of that!! You show so much love to all of your kids and have been doing all in your power to help sweet Ella. I am glad your doctor also seemed concerned and sat with you for so long. It is encouraging to also hear that aside from retesting that a geneticist might also help....I say explore every avenue. We love you guys and will love to fast for Ella and your family. I love that Ella girl, she just makes me smile. :)

Anonymous said...

You and Thayne are great parents!
And your family is always in our prayers. I know Ella is a blessing from God.
Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

You definitely know how to get the water works flowing for me. We love Ella so much! She is definitely a blessing. It sounds like you have a great doctor this time who really wants to get this figured out. I will keep Ella in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Jen- You are such an amazing, patient mother. Ella is such a sweetheart and I am sad that she will have many trials in her life. We will keep her in our prayers for sure. Keep us updated on what the doctor says.

PS Are we supposed to be able to click on the "blessing" link? There is nothing there when I click on it.

Anonymous said...

Yes, we fasted for Ella too. She is always in our prayers and I put her on the Temple prayer list every two weeks. She is supposed to come to your loving family. HF knew what He was doing when he sent her there. She is so loved by all. She will need this love throughout her life to give her strength to deal with whatever trials she will have. But, she will also (and already has) bring great joy and love to your sweet family. Your family stands behind you and love you. Please let me know if you ever need me to do something to help out. I am glad you have an endocrinologist who seems to really care. Love ya Mom

Hollie said...

I'm choking back the tears. Oh how I love that Ella! She brings a great big smile to my face when I think of her cute little personality. We fasted for her and for your family yesterday. I hope this doctor will find something this time so she can help Ella.

Gardner Family said...

Your family is so sweet. Little Ella is so lucky to be in it!
Hang in there!

JIll said...

Jen,
I finally had time to check out your blog, and I just want you to know that Ella is in my prayers as well.I do believe God never gives you anything you can't handle and you are an amazing mom!Every time I am around you I am amazed.You have such patience and love for your children.I beleive God put Ella in yours and Thaynes hands becuase he knows you will guide her in the right direction with love.You and Thayne are AMAZING parents!We love you guys and if there is anything we can do let us know.

Amber said...

Just wanted to let you know we were thinking of you and we hope you can receive more answers and that God will comfort and sustain your family during this trial.

Kizzy said...

Jen- I am in tears as I write. You have an amazing little family. Ella is such an adorable little girl. Thanks for letting us have Hailey for the day. She is such a sweetheart with very good manners. You are GREAT parents! You are in our thoughts and prayers.