Friday, February 20, 2009

Three year old randomness


Ella still takes naps, which is so nice. However, when we moved into this house,we got into the habit of her taking naps in my room, and I usually have to lay with her until she falls asleep. This usually takes about 5-10 minutes, so no big deal. Every now and then it takes longer. Like today, when she wanted to talk my ear off.


After about twenty minutes of story telling (from me) and talking (from her) this is how our conversation went.


Ella: Mom, Ms. Mckenna rang the bell, but Brody was in the ba-froom (bathroom). Carter was sick. (Ella coughs), see I'm sick too. See I coughed. Mom, the chicken says, "Bock- a, Bock-a, bock-a."


Me: Ella, it's time for you to stop talking. You need to go to sleep. How about, I give you a Hershey kiss when you wake up........ IF you go to sleep right now. (bribery)


Ella: Ok, mom. How bout two hersey kisses. I want pink hersey kisses. How bout two pink Hersey kisses.


Me: Ok- Ella, but you need to stop talking. Good night. (me pretending I'm asleep).


Ella: I love you mom. You're so cute mom. I love your hair mom. I love your face mom. I love your forehead mom. I love your pillow mom. I like my pillow mom. It has poop on it.


Me: (opening eyes) Poop?


Ella: No, mom, I just say that.


Me: Good night, Ella.


Ella: (starts singing to some random tune) La, la, la, la, la, la, laaaaaa, la, laaaaa, la.......then suddenly is snoring.


I love three year olds (most of the time).


I want to kiss those hanging lips and squishy cheeks.

14 comments:

Maran said...

What a hilarious conversation. I love the part about poop on the pillow. Ella is so cute!

Angela said...

that is too funny, she is so sweet! Love the picture:)

leslie jo said...

That is soo funny! I love it! Cute cheeks too

Hollie said...

Ella cracks me up. I love that girl!

Kizzy said...

poop on the pillow...hilarious...she is such a sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS!! She has a cute sense of humor. That's awesome that she still takes a nap for you. I wish I could get Allie to take one.

Donna said...

That is a hilarious conversation. The poop on the pillow made me laugh out loud!! Wow, has her speech improved over the past six months. I noticed that when we were there. She also has a great sense of humor. You are one lucky mom. :)

Shel said...

I think I just woke up my kids I laughed OUT LOUD when I read this! Esp the poop on the pillow part! Funny girl! She is sooo cute...love that little Ella girl!
It is almost your bday missy and I already miss seeing you! You just need to drop in soon...or I will be dropping in at your house!

Shel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TODAY FUN FRIEND AND SUPERMOM!!

Heather said...

That is hilarious! Ella says such funny things and has such a fun personality.
Hope your birthday was super!

JIll said...

That is too cute!I love little moments like that.I always wonder where did that come from?She is a doll!

Rich and Crys said...

Ok, I read this conversation 3 times because it's so stinkin' cute! She is such a love. She has such a fun loving spirit. Thanks for making me laugh today. I needed this. :)

Stephanie said...

I love hearing stories like these! What a crack up! How nice that you were successful in finding out about the growth hormone. I hope the treatments help. I had to come check out your blog after your comment on mine. Yes, I was 9 months pregnant. Thanks for not noticing! It always feels nice. It was fun running into you at Disneyland! I hope you guys had fun!

Chad Martell & Teresa said...

i think that is one of my top 3 posts that i've read in the blogging world!!!! how adorable i just love it!